BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Can I split schedule into rows displayed on one layout?

Ben Thomas
Newcomer
Hi
I would like to place a window schedule on a layout but have multiple rows of the schedule on the one layout. My schedule is only about 120mm high, so multiple rows would comfortably fit on my A3 layout. The header should repeat for each row.

The problem is that whilst I have been able to split the schedule using the `split drawings among multiple layouts' command, this results in multiple layouts each with a single row of the window schedule; rather useless. I have not figured out a way how to keep manipulating or changing the arrangement. I need a command that is `split and use available layout space and only then use multiple layouts'.

If anyone can help that would be really appreciated. I would have expected other users to have the same issue and am surprised it was not already raised in the forums. I must be missing something....??
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
Ben wrote:
I need a command that is `split and use available layout space and only then use multiple layouts'.
This would be handy - make a wish in the wish section if there isn't one already.

What I do is manually resize the schedule so that the width fits the page but the length is too long.
Then copy it and duplicate it on a second (third, etc.) page.
Crop the schedule on each page to only show enough to fit on the page.
On the second & third pages crop to parts of the schedule that carries on from the previous page.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Ben Thomas
Newcomer
Thanks Barry, much appreciated. I would have spent days looking for a way of doing this because it seems so obvious.

When I use your work-around I loose my header column. It is still at the beginning but the copied schedules that have been adjusted to show a part of the schedule do not have a header. It becomes unreadable really. It just becomes numbers without a description what they are.

I think I am going back to manual entry into excel; one window at a time...

Cheers,
Ben
Eduardo Rolon
For Project Indexes my "manual method" is to define three (or more) schedules so that I can place them in columns that I can control on my Layout instead of having only one Index Schedule and having to fight with it everytime I add or remove something from it.

In this case I would try to define one schedule for every row that I can accommodate so that I can stack them one on top of the other in my layout. If the result is too many schedules then I would look at how I would redefine the schedules to minimize them.

The main Idea is that you can create multiple window schedules that can be arranged as necessary instead of trying to make one that fits perfectly what you need.

Hope that this makes sense.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Ben Thomas
Newcomer
I can see how that works, making multiple schedules so that each one fits on the layout. It is a good work-around but not really an ideal solution. I have not tried this but I imagine it would be difficult to decide in the model space which windows to group and if you add an extra one you might have to change all the following groupings. But maybe you have developed a system how to deal with this?

Cheers,
Ben
Barry Kelly
You could duplicate the schedule again on sheet 2.
Crop one to show just the header and the other to show the part of the schedule you want and place it below the headers.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Ben Thomas
Newcomer
Barry, that is actually an excellent idea. I have just tried it and it works just fine. Even if you add or delete a window, once it is set up it adjusts itself and stays true and updated.

Beauty, thanks,
Ben
Learn and get certified!