BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Can info from Objects / Fills draw on a worksheet be scheduled?

Patrick Hayes
Booster

Hi all,

I was just wanting to see if anyone had any bright ideas on how to audit elements draw on a Worksheet (or any "workspace" outside of the storey structure really. Schedules seem to only be able to find elements placed in the storey structure of the file.

I haven't dipped into Lists so I'm hoping there may be a solution there. 

What we are wanting to do is just a general sweep of our template details to check what library parts are in use and ensure correct fills have been used etc on our worksheets. 

Thanks!

Patrick

Associate | Law Architects
Melbourne, Australia
14 REPLIES 14
Solution

The old 'List Scheme' can look for fills in elevations and worksheets.

BarryKelly_0-1667876489505.png

It is so long ago that I used it, that I can't remember how it was all set up.

I can say it does still work, but it is very old and hasn't been supported for some number of years.

New tools like the stairs, rails, openings aren't included.

I am not sure about the updated curtain walls (although I think they are OK), beams and columns.

But fills and objects should work fine still.

I wouldn't be surprised though if this functionality is removed in future versions just to clean up the program.

But that is pure speculation on my part.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

Thanks Barry,

I have never dipped into lists but always assumed they were a potential way to look under the bonnet of a file. 

I'm getting some kind of BIMcloud library issue by the looks of things which is stopping me creating a new List Scheme, might have to do a bit more reading into how it's setup.

Screenshot 2022-11-08 144235.jpg

Anyway thanks for pointing me in that direction.

Cheers,

Patrick

Melbourne, Australia

The lists were pre-BIMcloud.

The schemes need to be editable so I guess they can't be in the BIMcloud library.

They would need to be in an office library that all users have access to (as mine are - I don't use BIMcloud).

Any amendments made are made to those files in the office library, so all users get the changes with a library re-load.

They could be saved in the Embedded library, but they would only be good for that one file.

Barry.

One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11

In that case I think you're right about lists being on a cull list somewhere in Graphisoft HQ....

Melbourne, Australia
gdford
Advisor

You can do exactly what you what to do if you stop using worksheets and start using a series of stories below the project foundation. All you have to do is copy and paste and you can immediately start using schedules to check the work. If you stop using fills and start using zero thickness morphs you will have even more scheduling options because with morphs you can add custom properties and classifications which give you the ability of drill down to a greater level of detail without being trapped with only the fill name and fill ID. If you don't really want this to exist in every model then you can save it out as a hotlike file and then attach it to any project as needed. There is no BIM in worksheets. They are only good for dumb data. I agree it would be sweet if there was a way to focus a schedule to a specific worksheet, but it want happen in our lifetime.

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
Learn and get certified!