Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Can not edit size of doors in IS?!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,
Page 128 of manual mentions "click its row" of IS element then you can edit some of the Door Legend items.
I can only edit the ID but not the door sizes, any reason why? I have turned on all the layers and unlocked them.
Thanks,
Joseph
6 REPLIES 6
TomWaltz
Participant
It depends on the object and which parameters you are using in the schedule. They all act really differently, so it's hard to say with the little you've told us.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
I have created a Door Legend (delivered with AC10 package) schedule from native AC10 interior and exterior doors in AC 10 Library.
Thanks,
Joseph
Geoff Briggs
Mentor
I just tried this with D1 Exterior 10 and the default NCS Door and Frame schedule. The dimensions are editable within the schedule but the update is incorrect in plan, showing the original (unchanged) door with a correct opening. Rebuild and Regen doesn't fix it. Opening and closing the door settings dialog box does.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
Anonymous
Not applicable
Geoff wrote:
I just tried this with D1 Exterior 10 and the default NCS Door and Frame schedule.

Can the same thing be done with Door Legend IS?
Thanks,
Joseph
Anonymous
Not applicable
Joseph wrote:
Geoff wrote:
I just tried this with D1 Exterior 10 and the default NCS Door and Frame schedule.

Can the same thing be done with Door Legend IS?
Thanks,
Joseph

Just checked with the reseller, it looks like a bug, he is checking on that.
Joseph
Karl Ottenstein
Joseph wrote:
Just checked with the reseller, it looks like a bug, he is checking on that.
Hi Joseph,

I'm not aware of any bugs in this specific area. If you cannot edit the size, then chances are very good that:

(a) one of the doors in the group is set to a specific size in the drop-down size list, as opposed to "Custom" (which lets you freely edit the size)

or

(b) the layer of the host wall for one of the doors is locked

I'm guessing (a) is the problem you've encountered...

All the best to you in 2007,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB