BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Can't Launch ArchiCAD 14, Especially when I need it NOW...

DaveOlufs
Participant
In launching a file with over 150 hours of work, the file keeps locking up and so do copies.

Early in todays efforts, I was asked to install update AC14-3477 HOTFIX2-MAC. This seemed familiar because I did this in the middle of December 2010. I operate as a single site without the BIM Server but I paid for it. So I updated accordingly without the BIM Server update. Today, it confirmed that I updated without the BIM-S. I think this might be the cause of my problems...

I'm trying to open my file with a lot of sweat equity and I can't get the information to continue to the next phase. I get maybe 5 minutes of work done and it locks and I lose it all. So I think, I should have updated my BIM-S. But I can't find it on my computer.

Again this is probably a simple fix but I'm stuck and can't open AC14. I am incredibly frustrated that I should be having trouble like this and I hope someone has a solution...
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
2 REPLIES 2
DaveOlufs
Participant
I still struggling...
Dave Olufs
Just 4 Measure, Ltd

iMac Pro 3.2GHz Quad, 32GB, OSX 10.13.6, AC-5, 6, 6.5, 7, stopped for a few years--started again with 12 thru 17, 18 or 19 didn't work, then 20, 21, now skipped to 23. Started in 1976 hand-drafting ink on mylar...
Eduardo Rolon
The Bim Server is a separate installation and AFAIK if you didn't specify it when you installed AC14 it should not have installed by itself. When you install the update if it does not detect the BimS it should just finish.

Things to try:

- Open AC14 only without trying to open the file just a clean new one to see if it there is anything wrong with AC. Use this one to merge the problem file to see if it works.

- If you use Time Machine in your Mac I would search in it for a copy of the file from yesterday or a few hours before you started to notice the problem and copy them back. You could then try opening them to see if there is a problem with those files.

- You could create a new user in your computer and try to launch AC from that one in order to see if it works. If it does there might be something wrong with your user,

- You could rename the AC14 application folder to AC14 old and reinstall a new version of AC and try to open the file(s) with that one to see if the installer did something wrong to your original installation.

- Try opening the file in another computer or email it to someone you trust to see if he can open it.

- Send the file to your reseller so he can forward it to GS.

HTH
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!