Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Can't get BIM Server to work

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am upgrading from 12 to 19 (yes a big leap). I can't get BIM server to work. I have tried to install it on our server running windows server 2011 and when that wasn't working, a windows 7 workstation. I was on the phone with Graphisoft support and he verified all my settings looked good. Whenever I try to share a project I get a message box saying "Connection to the server ["Server name"] cannot be established. Try to reopen this Project when the server is online." When I test the connection in the sharing dialog box, it says "bim server is accessible". I get the same message for both BIM servers. Help!
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Figured it out. It didn't like my location for project files and libraries. Used the default locations and it worked fine. A lot of frustration for a simple fix. Isn't that how it normally goes, though?
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Brian,

Congrat on solving your issue without help.
For future reference to anyone facing a similar case: could your post the location that the BIM Server didn't like? Did it have a character in the path that was not allowed?
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27