Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Can't import IFC Translator into project

cgrimley
Contributor
Kind of a weird one, I've got a teamwork project that was started years ago, probably AC16 or 17, and recently came back to life and is now in AC22 with 22 libraries + migration libraries loaded.
I've got to export an IFC for the structural engineer but I don't have any IFC translators loaded, no problem, I'll just load them up from the ArchiCAD project template file like I've done for dozens of other projects in 22, both teamwork and solo projects.
Problem: once I've selected them to import, I hit 'Ok' and it does nothing...literally nothing. I've tried waiting for a bit, I've tried it as a solo project, I've tried creating a new translator rather than importing. I've tried importing from a different file. I've tried restarting my computer and only opening the one file. Nothing I've done will allow the 'Ok' button to actual Ok. It's only on this file. I can hit 'Ok' on other projects just fine.

Am I missing some hidden setting somewhere?
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB
1 REPLY 1
cgrimley
Contributor
I found the magic bullet... you've got to select a Translator for Export and then select 'set preview'.

Sometimes I guess I just need to talk myself through it.
Casey Grimley
AC24
iMac Pro (2017) - macOS 10.14.6- 3.2GHz Intel Xeon W - 32GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8GB