Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Can't isolate elements with marquee for Interactive Schedule

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm finding that you can not isolate items via "marquee" or "selected elements" when using the interactive schedule...it reports everything in the model even if the layer is turned off and locked. You can use this technique with "List Elements", "List Components", & "List Zones"...why can't you do it with interactive schedules????

Have I missed a setting or filter or something?

Karl, is this yet another limitation that's not immediately noticeable to the casual user?

Thanks,
Dan K
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Hi Dan,

Yup, you've come across another of the many wishes for the I.S.

There is a single-story workaround. If you select the elements you are interested in on a given story ... then only those elements are included in the schedule. So, you can use Find & Select (with marquee) to select those elements first...and save the F&S criteria.

The I.S. does not work from the 3D window, otherwise you could use F&S there as a workaround for what you were trying to do.

Just as a note to others: this select-first trick only works if you select the elements of the type you are scheduling. So, if you select a few windows, then invoke the I.S. for a window criteria, then only those selected windows appear. But, if you select the host walls that contain the windows, then things behave as if you have selected no windows and all windows in the model will be included.

Sigh.

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Karl wrote:
Hi Dan,

Yup, you've come across another of the many wishes for the I.S.

There is a single-story workaround....
Karl,
Arghhhhh, I wish I would have known about these limitations upfront. You can never tell about these limitations from the "minimal" documentation. Here's and idea for Graphisoft...maybe they should just start documenting what certain ArchiCAD tools "can't" do...

Your work around for selecting the windows individually works as long as the windows are not part of a referenced module...so in essence it doesn't work for me. In my models, I have several windows that are part of referenced modules and i get "goofy" reports no matter what i do

Guess its time to look at the "Listing" possibilties...hope I don't burn too much time on that only to find out its not possible either.

Thanks,
Dan K
TomWaltz
Participant
Suspend groups, then you can select the elements inside a module.
Tom Waltz
Anonymous
Not applicable
TomWaltz wrote:
Suspend groups, then you can select the elements inside a module.
Tom,
I not having a problem selecting the individual wdws...its more a problem of how multiple references of a module containing the same wdws are confusing the I.S.

I'm giving up on the Interactive Schedule approach for now and am looking at developing a Zone List. I've found that I can create the Zone List with additional parameters from more than one element type...that's good! I've also found that I can use the Marquee to filter out the model area the way I want to with no problem...that's good!

Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to get my Light and Vent parameters to sum within each of the Zone Name areas...that's not good

please see the attached image...any comments would be appreciated

Thanks,
Dan K
LV_ZoneList.jpg