Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Can't save as sketchup model on AC17. Help please!

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello, I'm new here. I am an architecture student from Barcelona working on my final project and I am about to finish it.

I urgently need to save my model as a sketchup file as I did before, but this time it doesn't work. After waiting for the conversion proces it shows an alert message that says the file can't be written.

-I have windows 8 and AC 17 with the last hotfix.
-I tried with a new fresh simple file and it gives me the same error.
-I saved the simple new file with the name "u.skp".
-I unisntalled archicad and installed it again without installing the hotfixes and it still give me the same problem.
-I save as from the 3d window. Also tried converting everything to morph but nothing works.

I am a litlle bit desperate here and I would appreciate your help very much.

Thank you.
6 REPLIES 6
Eduardo Rolon
If you tried with a simple file (one wall for example) and it didn't work then it might be possible that the problem is with the path to were you a saving the file to. Try saving the SU file to C:\ or to the desktop instead. I have seen this problem when the location C:\username\projects\--- is too long or it has non standard characters (é, ñ, ?, +. etc). If this does not work try using someone else computer to see if its the file or your setup.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello ejrolon, thank you very much for your reply.

I tried saving one wall archive to the desktop named "u.skp" and didn't work.

Now I am downloading AC17 in to my sisters computer who is an architecture student too. The thing is that she has AC16 and no student license for AC17 appears on his myarchicad acount. Is there going to be a problem if I use my license on both computers?
Eduardo Rolon
Should not be a problem though you are not supposed to. If 17 is not showing in myarchicad.com check that either her account has not expired or that the version selected is not one for what 17 is not available yet. If the second change the AC version from Spanish? to Int to see if it appears.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
My sisters acount hasn't expiret yet and I can't see the internacional version anywhere (I don't know how to change it and actually I have the AC17 spanish version on my laptop) but I tried using her student license for the AC17 and it worked. So I didn't had to use mine in his computer. Is this ok?

It worked!!! I was able to save as sketchup format from my sister's computer! Now at least I am saved. Thank you very much!

Would you recomend any action to solve this issue on my laptop?
Eduardo Rolon
Shouldn't be a problem if you installed your download with your sister's EDU number.
For the saving problem you will need to find what is different between both computers, RAM, OS Version/Updates, Graphic Card/Drivers, HardDisk name, etc. At a minimum you have ruled out that it is a AC general problem and it is a problem of AC running on your system.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok! That's good enogh as now I am able to do my work.

The diferences about the two computers are not many. Both are runnig an i7 3rd generation. Mine has a gt 650m and hers a gt 630m. 8 gb ram both...

The main difference is that hers is running windows 7 and has a hdd and mine is running windows 8 and have a ssd. Also I am pretty sure that in the past I was able to save as skp with my laptop...

If there is nothing evident that I can try maybe I will format my computer when I am done with my final project and will see if it works.

Thank you very much for your help.