BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Cannot Write TEAMWORK notes

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I get this error while trying to sign in for the first time into a file that has 2 others already signed in. This error shows 3 times, then another error dialog displays....

"This name is in use by a locked document select another folder or use a different name"

Then the file quits.

1.The NAME I use to sign in does not matter.

2. Happens on several machines.

3. The file is an OPEN member type.

Any help?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
4 REPLIES 4
Karl Ottenstein
Network permissions maybe?

Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Karl,

I'll check into it tomorrow.

It has been somewhat of a struggle trying to integrate MACS into our PC office. We've now decided to use our PowerMAC as a Fileserver and I can't seem to get the new folders created to take on the permissions of their parent (automatically).

I believe I have checked this, but maybe you're on to something here. Although... I am signed in (as ME) on my machine, but trying to sign in as another person, I even get the same message.

Not fun when deadlines loom (of course, when don't they!)
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Anonymous
Not applicable
Duane,

Someone here just had this "Cannot Wrote Teamwork Notes" message pop up today. Did you ever determine what causes it? We are also on a mac network, but it only recently appeared for the first time.
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Not sure if I really found out what CAUSED it, but I did solve the issue! We bought all macs for the office and installed a MAC Server.. w/ server software. Setting permissions is better with the server software, which I suspect was the crux of the problems...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Learn and get certified!