Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Change Tool clouds drawn in layout not exporting

Jeff Kogut
Booster
Hovever, Change Tool clouds drawn in views show just fine.

Cloud 1 is drawn on the layout.
Cloud 2 is drawn in the view.

I've tried to tweak the export settings to no avail. The only other thing I've noticed is that the cloud has rennovation properties in the view, but not in the layout. Any ideas or is this a bug?
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
3 REPLIES 3
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Is it there in Paper Space in the DWG file?
If you place an element onto the Layout in ARCHICAD, I think that will be exported into the Paper Space of the resulting DWG/DXF file, not the Model Space, where the contents of Views are exported.
And I think that is the correct behaviour.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Jeff Kogut
Booster
(This is my print test drawing, we just got a new large format printer so I'm rechecking everything.)

Cloud 01 is not there (in Paper Space) in the .dwg in Trueview.

Yes, I was expecting Cloud 01 to show up in Paper Space in the .dwg file but it isn't there at all. Not even a node or missing element as far as I can tell.

So I think we're in agreement that Cloud 01 should be there? Can you test it on your end? If you can get it to show from Layout to Paper Space then I must have something set up wrong.

EDIT: So I changed the translator to just push everything to Model Space, see attached image, and both Clouds 01 & 02 show up as expected. It'll be a dumb .dwg file all in Model Space, which I personally dislike, but any AutoCAD guys will just have to deal with it I guess.
translator.JPG
AC19-23 | Win10 Pro | i7-8700K | Quadro P600 | 500gb 960 EVO M2 | Dual 28" 4k Samsung U28E590
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I checked this in AutoCAD 2017 and for me the Change Marker placed on the Layout always goes through to the DWG file without a problem. I tried all 4 possible options in the Save Layout Into field of the Save Options page. In case of the first 3 options the Change Marker placed on the Layout will be in the Paper Space of the DWG file (as expected), while in case of the 4th option it will be located in the Model Space of the DWG file (as expected), just as the other Change Marker placed in the View.

So I could not reproduce this issue. I am on AC20 INT build 5011. If you are on an earlier build you may try to update to the latest one, see if that makes any difference.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27