BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

Changing / pre-setting Object default settings?

InForma
Contributor
Is there a way to set/change the default setting for the Object tool and other "complex library elements"?
I would REALY like to change the default green (no. 4) Contour pen and the Background pen from 19 to (0) Transparent.
I would also like to turn off the USE FILLS option in Floor Plan and Section of the Window or Door settings.
I understand that I can change the Pen Set, but I would like to change a default pen (not just the color or Weight) for all the elements in the active Library.
I understand that I could set up Favorites, but I would like to change some settings for all of the elements.
Thanks!
hiCAD - BIM technology distribution and implementation
4 REPLIES 4
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
You would have to extract the .LCF file to a folder, open all the objects you want to change, edit the pen settings etc, save the objects and compress everything back to .LCF.

When the library is updated from reseller / Graphisoft end to fix bugs etc, you need to repeat the whole process.

I would recommend setting up favourites (as you mentioned yourself)
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
For such tasks, the Library Part XML Converter Tool was developed by GRAPHISOFT. You should use that:

https://gdl.graphisoft.com/tips-and-tricks/how-to-use-the-lp_xmlconverter-tool
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Barry Kelly
You will be better off changing the pen set in your template to suit the Graphisoft library if that is the library you will be using.

Change one or two pen sets rather than hundreds of objects - which you will have to re-do if you ever update the library.
You can use the Atttribute Manager to transfer the pen sets from you template to any other file so you don't have to physically change the pen set in every file.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
InForma wrote:
I would REALY like to change the default green (no. 4) Contour pen and the Background pen from 19 to (0) Transparent.
We skipped changing default colours since the new version of AC and Library is released each year. Instead, we do proper Graphic Overrides and in most cases, it works fine.
Learn and get certified!