Project data & BIM
About BIM-based management of attributes, schedules, templates, favorites, hotlinks, projects in general, quality assurance, etc.

CineRender Import Textures from Internet

Brad Elliott
Booster
When I download texture packs from the internet they are lib4d files. How do I import them into CineRender?

Also, what is the difference between the pre-set scene and the pre-set scene (physical) I don't see one in rendering or speed.
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
9 REPLIES 9
Brad Elliott
Booster
86 views and no answer. So is there no answer? Does ArchiCAD really say you can do this in their videos but no one knows how? Should I interpret the absolute lack of response on this subject to mean that I am missing something simple or that no one is using the rendering engine?
Mac OS12.6 AC26 USA Silicon
M1 Macbook Pro
Eduardo Rolon
As far as I understand Lib4D files is the native library format for Cinema4D (like LCF is for AC) so you will need to install it in C4D, apply it to some objects and then send it to AC using the plugin to see how it imports. If you don't have C4D you can download the demo and use to export.

As for the "physical" setting it just means on how you specify the camera settings for the rendering which should match real life cameras were you specify ISO, F-Stops and Aperture instead of using percentages. The other item were physical applies is refers to the Sky were you can use the physical version or a HDRI map.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
This is really stupid and i take it as false advertising. Implementing the new GI engine is great,it was about time. And it works very good actually. But when there are tons of C4D materials out there it is pity not to be able to use them
Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm sorry, i don't think that's an advertising you go;
it looks like the only way to do it,
it might be possible (not tested) but this transfer via cinema4d would be very long and surely with some issues (files links.., settings a bit different)
then this may not be a solution to the actual lack of other textures in cenerender with archicad.
i read there wer to be some in bimcomponents online library, but i found none!
how is that?
anybody could help further?
thanks, bye
Barry Kelly
BMASH wrote:
i read there wer to be some in bimcomponents online library, but i found none!
I just had a look and could only see 12 'surfaces' in BIM Components.
It seems they don't have keywords attached (like 'C4D') which would make searching easier.
Otherwise just search for 'surface' and look through the whole list.

If you have an SSA (Select Service Agreement) you will be able to download another 500 or so.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes, but in bimcomponents, i'm only able to see 2/3 of them..
i don't have a ssa; the 'aditional surface catalog' was first downloadable without ssa. maybe some guiy would like to share?
Barry Kelly
BMASH wrote:
yes, but in bimcomponents, i'm only able to see 2/3 of them..
Be sure to keep pressing the 'Show More' link.
2 grass and a brick surface show up front - the attached image shows those hiding at the end of the list when you search for 'surface'.

BMASH wrote:
i don't have a ssa; the 'aditional surface catalog' was first downloadable without ssa. maybe some guiy would like to share?
No it is only available for those with an SSA unfortunately for those without it.
We need some sort of perk for paying for future upgrades up front.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
I have moved this topic to the BIM Managers forum because this is more about attributes (surfaces and their textures) than presentation.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Open Cinema4D,
Start a blank project,
Load the *.lib4d file (this will import all materials into C4D),
Save project as *.C4D,
In ArchiCAD,
Open "Surface Settings",
Engine settings: Select "CineRender by Maxon",