BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Cinema 4D Plugin for Archicad 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Guys,

Am looking to learn Cinema 4d and am wondering if the plugin for Archicad 11 is still available to download from anywhere?
Also has anybody had any experience with the tutorials from archicadtutorials dot com entitled 'Architectural Rendering with Cinema 4D' ?

Cheers
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable
Ok, so I downloaded the Archicad 11 Exchange Plugin from here http://www.maxon.net/en/downloads/updates-co/updates/plugins.html
but when I save the .ac4d file and open it in Cinema4d R11 it says 'Unknown file format' Any ideas on how to make it work?

Cheers
owen
Newcomer
sounds like it could be an installation problem with the Cinema4D plugin - try reinstalling the plugin in the Cinema 4D Plugins folder (which is just drag+drop from memory)
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Owen, thanks for your response, unfortunately it seems to be an archicad plugin and not a cinema4d one, the Read Me file did't make any mention of installing it in any of the C4D directories. Do you know if there is another plugin I need to install?
Anonymous
Not applicable
It looks like the link I posted above is only a Patched Plugin File, any idea where I can get the full version?
owen
Newcomer
The installer comes as part of the Cinema4D Architecture Bundle ... i do not think it is available separately. There is a Trial verison of this bundle you can download from Maxon .. i don't know if the plugin is included in this, give that a try.

You might want to read up on this plugin a little more over at this thread

Development of this plugin is a little .. lethargic, and the current functionality is not great. AFAIK the 'official' plugin for ArchiCAD 11 is the last one that works the way people liked it. There is an 'unofficial' plugin (link in the thread) created by some users which has similar functionality and is free (although donations via PayPal would be appreciated).
cheers,

Owen Sharp

Design Technology Manager
fjmt | francis-jones morehen thorp

iMac 27" i7 2.93Ghz | 32GB RAM | OS 10.10 | Since AC5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheers Owen, appreciate your help
Learn and get certified!