Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Classification export into IFC with AC26

Hello,

With the same ifc export translator I have got the classification of each element into my IFC 2x3 export from AC25 but I am not able to get classification of each element into my IFC 2x3 export from AC26.

Capture d’écran 2022-10-22 à 18.39.18.png

The classification parameter is OK and I use the right ifc translator 😉

Capture d’écran 2022-10-22 à 18.39.18.png
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

Hello,

I have found why sometimes we are not able to read Classification into an IFC 2X3 which came from AC26.
The information about classification is right exported from AC26...

Capture d’écran 2022-10-27 à 10.34.27.png

But Evebim (and Navisworks too) are not able to read it from AC26...

Capture d’écran 2022-10-27 à 10.32.51.png

While Evebim (and Navisworks too) are able to read it from AC25...

Capture d’écran 2022-10-27 à 10.33.25.png

BIMcollab ZOOM is able to read class information about the same IFC 2X3 exported from AC25 and AC26....

Capture d’écran 2022-10-27 à 10.53.01.png

All my tests are made with the same Archicad project, the same ifc export parameters so with the same IFC 2X3 files too ; the only difference is which Archicad export the IFC model.

CONCLUSION
1° - Archicad 26 handles the export of IFCs differently from AC25 using the same work file and the same IFC export parameters.
2° - BimCollabZoom is able to read the information exported by AC26 within the IFC file where other solutions cannot; EveBIM and Navisworks for example.

Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
felcunha
Expert

Hello Christophe,

What's the issue?

I've used the parametric settings (the first in the list) and I've got the correct classification of my elements.

Check with another settings and see how it works.

Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey

Hello,

Thanks about your reactivity 🤗 but I unfortunately do not make the same observation ; Hence this post. 

I've also found that decomposition of elements during ifc export seems to be handled better with AC26. However, this decomposition of the elements seems to modify the management of the classification of the elements. Even preventing the decomposition of elements during IFC export, the elements do not include their classification.

It is about a AC25 project migrated to AC26. No matter with AC25 with same ifc export parameters.

I have tested again with an empty project with the AC26 basic TPL.

I began by erasing the classification 2.0 to input UNIFORMAT II (E1557-97).

After doing the type matching for ifc export, I tried again to export a simple classified wall (B2010)
When reading the IFC file, the only element of my model corresponds to the ifcwall type but its uniformat class does not seem to be exported. 😕
I follow the same steps with AC25 and classifications are well exported.

Christophe - FRANCE

Solution

Hello,

I have found why sometimes we are not able to read Classification into an IFC 2X3 which came from AC26.
The information about classification is right exported from AC26...

Capture d’écran 2022-10-27 à 10.34.27.png

But Evebim (and Navisworks too) are not able to read it from AC26...

Capture d’écran 2022-10-27 à 10.32.51.png

While Evebim (and Navisworks too) are able to read it from AC25...

Capture d’écran 2022-10-27 à 10.33.25.png

BIMcollab ZOOM is able to read class information about the same IFC 2X3 exported from AC25 and AC26....

Capture d’écran 2022-10-27 à 10.53.01.png

All my tests are made with the same Archicad project, the same ifc export parameters so with the same IFC 2X3 files too ; the only difference is which Archicad export the IFC model.

CONCLUSION
1° - Archicad 26 handles the export of IFCs differently from AC25 using the same work file and the same IFC export parameters.
2° - BimCollabZoom is able to read the information exported by AC26 within the IFC file where other solutions cannot; EveBIM and Navisworks for example.

Christophe - FRANCE

Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin

I wonder if this issue has something to do with the fact that AC26 comes with some IFC export improvements. But this is something for GS HQ to decide so I will forward it to them.

Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27