Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Client Side - Teamwork project very very high usage

Anonymous
Not applicable
Greetings everyone!
We are having a problem and would like to understand the causes to try to mitigate this error.
In our office we work with large projects (for example 3 towers with a common base, on average 20 floors each). We use the iceberg method and several other techniques to try to optimize the file, in size and processing. Projects of this size on Bimcloud Server occupy an average of 1GB of storage on the server.
Our problem is the memory consumption when the archicad is performing some functions, more specifically the Receive Changes command and when a new client joins the project.
Attached is the size of the problem.

I' Could take a printscreen because Archicad has used all RAM
The computer above has already upgraded from 16 to 32 Gb and we still couldn't join the project. When the full memory message appears, Archicad had already used almost all the RAM memory and over 51GB of paging file.
To solve this specific case we added a new SSD on the machine and dedicated it exclusively to paging files. To finally succeed in joining the project, however this processing took about 4 hours (desperation emoji!!!! ) .
The mystery starts here, we have other machines with 16gb that can connect, receive changes normally and very fast compared to the previous case. It is worth mentioning that the memory and paging file consumption is less than half compared to the first machine.
Mystery 2 - In our tests, hoping to find an solution that doesn't disrupt working hours so much we generated a project PLA and tried to open it locally, the project took exactly 1 minute and 30 seconds to be fully functional and ready to work.
So my doubts, why the project, when it's in teamwork enviroment, consumes so much memory and paging file in basic commands (like receiving changes and connecting to the project)
Are there anything we can do to optimize this process?
I heard that the paid version of BimCloud has a Delta Cache feature, would that help/decrease in any way the processing?
Has anyone experienced this situation?

Sincerely, thanks for your help in concern
4 REPLIES 4
SeRohde
Booster
Hi Guilherme.lima,

without knowing the exact Specs of the Systems it will be hard to find out whats the Bottleneck here.
Your Signature is a good Place to let us know this.

Some random thoughts:
- Check your AntiVirus Settings (and Windows Defender Settings) on both Clients and Server
- Make Rules (exceptions) for all Processes (Client and Server) and see if it helps.
- Isolate the Services & Processes on the Server side so that the Server just needs to handle CAD (no Fileserving, OneDrive, AnyDesk Task etc).
- Check if there are unused drawings, dwgs, things in the Project.
- Remove unnecessary Users from the Project
- Check when Backupscripts run on the Server
- Check if your System has exotic pagefile swapping settings
- Try to set it to "system managed" if not already

You might want to consult someone who can take a deeper look into your Setup
Admin of BIM [Cloud] [SaaS] [Server] | AC 19-25 [Win&Mac Clients] | VM's
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi SeRohde, thanks for your reply.
We're trying with the Graphisoft support team in my country, but to be honest it's hard... a little frustrating is the right word.
In Client Side we have Workstations like that
-----
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: B360M-DS3H
BIOS: F3 (type: UEFI)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
Memory: 32768MB
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Display Memory: 22404 MB
Dedicated Memory: 6052 MB
----
Server Side

Servidor PowerEdge T340, BCC
PowerEdge T340 MLK Motherboard, BCC
Intel® Xeon® E-2244G 3.8GHz, 8M cache, 4C/8T, turbo (71W)
16 GB de UDIMM DDR4 ECC a 2.666 MT/s, BCC
(2) SSD SATA de 2,5", 480 GB, 6 Gbit/s e 512
(2) HD SATA de 3,5", 6 Gbit/s, 7.200 RPM, 4 TB
Windows Server® 2019 Essentials
We have RAID on both disks

---
On the high pagefile consumption, it doesn't happen all the time. When joining the project for example, archicad takes less than 10 minutes to go from step 1 to step 5, the exorbitant consumption occurs in this case in step 5 - refreshing screen, when there is no longer any download of files from the server.

Any suggestions?
Best Regards
Anonymous
Not applicable
Doing an investigation on my own, I saw that an error had been reported in the build of bimcloud that caused this memory consumption.
I updated and everything is fine
Thanks!
SeRohde
Booster
Good to hear

Your Specs look totally ok to me at first glance by the way, rather fast.

Here is a more detailed Thread on AntiVirus:
https://archicad-talk.graphisoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=71672
https://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/knowledgebase/54664/

Another thing would be to check your Network and hunt slow cables/hubs/switches etc.

Please mark as solved if everything is ok again.

Cheers,
S0
Admin of BIM [Cloud] [SaaS] [Server] | AC 19-25 [Win&Mac Clients] | VM's