BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Column Sizes in a schedule

vfrontiers
Enthusiast
I had asked quite some time ago about getting the SCHEDULE COLUMN width's to act more like the LAYOUT GRID where I could set up a BASE COLUMN WIDTH then if a WINDOW or DOOR was larger, it would occupy 2 columns, etc...

I have now seen that the column widths can be INDIVIDUALLY adjusted right in the schedule... BUT.... only graphically...

I'd like to FORCE the module when stretching such that they can line up in the layout (so start with a 2" base width, then stretch to 4" or 6" etc.)... No, the graphic dragging will allows be OFF... sometimes picking up 1/16 or 1/32... Which means they will never line up in the layout..

Any ideas?
Duane

Visual Frontiers

AC25 :|: AC26 :|: AC27
:|: Enscape3.4:|:TwinMotion

DellXPS 4.7ghz i7:|: 8gb GPU 1070ti / Alienware M18 Laptop
7 REPLIES 7
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
To finish the thought, it would be nice if instead of DRAGGING the width... I could TYPE it IN for each column...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Barry Kelly
vfrontiers wrote:
To finish the thought, it would be nice if instead of DRAGGING the width... I could TYPE it IN for each column...
Like this?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
In theory, yes... but as soon as you create two different sized columns, that input no longer works...

To be clear... I'm looking for COLUMN 1 to be 2" and Column 2 to be 4"... ad infinitum.

SideNote: In fact, if you stretch ONE COLUMN then come back later and want to EQUALIZE them all... you still can't type in a new width...
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Barry Kelly
I am a bit confused (that is easy to do ).

I can type any figure I want for the columns and if I want them all equal I type the same figure for all columns.

No, there isn't an adjust one column and then automatically adjust all subsequent columns if that is what you want (other than manually typing in the figures).

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
Barry...

What I'm trying to do is have the 1st column that shows a window elevation be 2"... then the next column that shows a Window Elevation be 4"

(so I'm not adjusting between the Header Column 1 size and the Header Column 2 size and the Value Column Size)

I'm trying to get many different sizes for the VALUE COLUMN (because one window is wider than another window...

This I CANNOT do (at least by STRETCHING one individual Column to a different size)... once that's done... the VALUE COLUMN width shows NO dimension.. Typing in a dimension simply disappears when done and the VALUE columns remain the same width they were.
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Barry Kelly
Ah - I see.
No separate column values for each scheduled item.
The 'Value' figure comes up blank at first.
Sometimes if you type a width all columns will adjust - but sometimes not - especially after manually adjusting the width of one column.
But then it will work even after manually adjusting one column - sometimes.

Actually just noticed if you manually adjust some widths and then type in a width to adjust them all - but the figure you type is already the width of one of the columns - then nothing will happen.

The figure you type must be different to any of the column widths otherwise none of them will adjust.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
vfrontiers
Enthusiast
What is frustrating is that the TECHNOLOGY is there to make each column it's own width... but...

a. When I graphically edit, there is no QUANTIZATION... and always jumps to 1/16" somewhere (bad because when I WRAP the schedule, I still want the boxes to align like the grids in the layout scheme)

b. There is no INDIVIDUAL TEXT INPUT for each column (I'd like to see that in the formatting palette like the FONT SIZE, etc.

I don't mind using ONE Width when my windows range from 2' wide to 6'... But throw in the one 20' clerestory... it's not looking so good..
Duane

Visual Frontiers

Learn and get certified!