BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Column spanning multiple zones IFC

Achille Pavlidis
Enthusiast
Hi, I have a project with column spanning on multiple stories. When exporting to IFC those are assigned to the ground floor, and do not appear at all on the upper floors.
I found that there is IfcRelReferencedInSpatialStructure for elements that belong to a story but are referenced to multiple stories. But how can I implement it?
Mac OSX 13.6.6 | AC 27 INT 5003 FULL
1 REPLY 1
Daniel Kovacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi,

Unfortunately, currently you cannot use IfcRelReferencedInSpatialStructure. We developed our IFC Import/Export to comply with the following Transfer View Standards:
  • IFC2x3 CoordinationView 2.0
  • IFC4 Design Transfer View
  • IFC4 Reference View 2.0
These Design Transfer Views don't utilize IfcRelReferencedInSpatialStructure, so it has never been developed. I let the Product Management know about this though, so that they can think about whether we should implement it, so that you can use it in a custom Design Transfer View (report #266626).

For this, it would help, if you could describe what workflows you are following. Why would you need to use this definition in your IFC export?

Thanks,
Daniel Alexander Kovacs

Professional Services Consultant

GRAPHISOFT

For Troubleshooting and useful Tips & Tricks visit
Learn and get certified!