BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Construction simulation archicad 16 MS2010

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I am now try using Construction Simulation add-on in Archicad 16. I have followed the guide provided by graphisoft but the guide is only applicable for Microsoft Project 2003 while I am using Microsoft Project 2010. I have try to figure out but every time I try to import the text file from MP2010 to Archicad, it cannot be done.
Did anyone have try to use Construction Simulation archicad 16 with Microsoft Project 2010? Your advice is highly appreciated.
5 REPLIES 5
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Binh,

Thanks for your question.
With these steps you can easily connect ArchiCAD 16 with MS Project 2010:

First in MS Project 2010 you need to enable to save .txt format:
File > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Legacy Formats > Allow loading files with legacy or non-default file formats.

Download the Construction Simulation add-on for ArchiCAD 16:
http://www.graphisoft.com/downloads/goodies/AC16/INT.html

Then create the connection between ArchiCAD 16 and MS Project 2010:

Step1:
In ArchiCAD 16 folder > Add-ons > Goodies > Construction Simulation > MSProject you can find a Microsoft Project Document map, named CS Map. Open it with MS Project 2010, click Enable Macros. Then click Yes to question Do you want to install Graphisoft Construction Simulation v1 support?
Step2:
Open Gantt Chart Tab > More views > Organizer > Maps Tab Page, copy Construction Simulation v1 CS Map from the right side into Global.MPT

Now you can create a new project in MS Project 2010.
When saving the MS Project file, choose File > Save as. Select the text file format and click Save. In the appearing Export Mapping dialog, select the "Construction Simulation" format and click the Save button.
This file can be imported to ArchiCAD 16.

Please let me know if you have questions or comments.
Katalin Takacs
Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Katalin,

we have followed your tips for importing CS map, which we have downloaded from Grafisosft goodies page for ArchiCad 17, in MS Project 2007 but when it comes to: copy CS map construction simulation v1 to global.MPT program notifies a error saying An unexpected problem occured with this operation. There is a problem with import/export map.

Can you please help us to resolve our problem?

To be exact we are trying to make a time schedule in ArchiCad 17 using MS Project 2007.

Thank you,
King regards from Croatia
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi mgalic,

We went through the exportation steps, and according to our observation, if you install MS Project 2007 from scrath and open it for the first time, it is possible to copy Map.
You may find useful that this documentation is available, up to version 2007 it helps you export a project to ArchiCAD:
http://www.graphisoft.com/ftp/techsupport/downloads/goodies/ReadMe/ConstructionSimulation/AboutConst...

For further questions, please contact your distributor.
Katalin Takacs
ryejuan
Advisor
Hi,

Do you have like a step by step video?

Thanks.
In the end what is your Objective?
ArchiCAD 9 onwards
Anonymous
Not applicable
Not sure what your goal is, but I would recommend looking at Synchro.
https://synchroltd.com/synchro-pro/
I have done several 4Ds using archicad and Synchro.
Learn and get certified!