Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Converting Archicad to a low polyon Maya (obj) file

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello there !

I am wondering how I can export a BiM made in Archicad to appear as simple a mesh as possible ( i am getting lots of annoying vertices bunched up in the corners !) In other words how do i produce a low poly model based on the High count original....I hope someone has ideas - it seems rather tedious to draw the whole thing up again in Maya !!

P.s this is my first post so be gentle !

Cheers Craig
2 REPLIES 2
Djordje
Ace
CraigBdk wrote:
Hello there !

I am wondering how I can export a BiM made in Archicad to appear as simple a mesh as possible ( i am getting lots of annoying vertices bunched up in the corners !) In other words how do i produce a low poly model based on the High count original....I hope someone has ideas - it seems rather tedious to draw the whole thing up again in Maya !!

P.s this is my first post so be gentle !

Cheers Craig
There used to be a polygon optimizer AddOn ... but I have not seen it since 7 or so ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Electric Flute
Booster
Djordje,

3ds files saved as gsm makes them huge as you know. Do you think a polygon optimizer AddOn would make them lighter?

ArchiCAD exports 3ds files so well... But we also need to import and work with 3ds files as well! (not with those huge and obscene sizes).

Hey Fabrizio!! What do you think an "ArchiPolyOptimizer"?
AC26 > AC5 - Win10