Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Converting Fonts to Autocad

Anonymous
Not applicable
HI!,
I can't get my font translation to work.
Althoug I state the substitutions to fonts I wan't, When oppend in Autocad, all the non Arial fonts are standard font.

Any help on this one, please?

Best regards,

António Pina
21 REPLIES 21
Karl Ottenstein
Wow. Thanks for all of that hard work, Ferenc! The workaround is unfortunate, so hopefully GS will fix this in a forthcoming release.

A stupid question ... are you saying that it is not possible to do the translation without a DWG template file created in AutoCAD to define the AutoCAD text styles properly? If so, can you suggest a workaround if one does not have a copy of AutoCAD and the AutoCAD people that one communicates with are at too elementary of a level to create the template file? (I.e., is there an ArchiCAD-only solution?)

Thanks, and Happy New Year,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
Anonymous
Not applicable
Well, I don't know how to define text styles from within ArchiCAD. But I have a feeling that a partner who wants your AutoCAD files can create a template for you. Or an ArchiCAD buddy who has at least an AutoCAD LT. In a pinch an ArchiPUB buddy can help win wink nudge nudge...

Meanwhile I need to do another test with this new XREF publishing of the layout. Maybe if you publish the "ugly layout with xrefs, then saving the individual pmk's as dwg over with the proper translator, it should work.

But I believe it is an oversight in the layoutbook publisher.
Oh well...