Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.
SOLVED!

Converting Revit family object to GDL

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

Hope you are keeping well.

I was trying to import a IFC file exported from revit to ArchiCAD. The revit object has attached data which were not available when i import that file to ArchiCAD

Can someone help how this can be obtained. There is more than 150 data associated with one object. Should I need to enter all the data in the parameter of edit library object tool or can be obtained all the data associted in the rfa object automatically

Kind regards,

Binoj
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I found this thread after a google search and just wanted to say for the record that this is now possible with the RFA & RVT Geometry Exchange Add-on for ARCHICAD 21by BIM6x.

https://www.bim6x.com/blog/bim6x-announces-revit-families-revit-geometry-exchange-add-archicad

Cheers,
Link.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Here is what you should do as the first step: install an IFC Model Viewer application like Solibri Model Viewer or Tekla BIMSight, and open the IFC file exported from Revit there.
Check if those parameters are available in the IFC file. They may not have been exported from Revit in the first place.
If they are not present in the IFC file then you should get it exported from Revit properly.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I checked with solibri. It contains the parameters.

Please share me the second step. I think I might be importing this in a wrong way in ArchiCAD. Please help

Kind Regards,

Binoj
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I suspect that the information supplied by Ideal Standard is that the IFCProperties found within the General tab will have been created at IFCType level.

You can check this within ARCHICAD by navigating to the File Menu>File Special>IFC 2x3>IFC Manager. Click on the second Icon and this will place you at Type Product level as opposed to Instance/Element level.

I've attached a screenshot for reference.

Cheers,

Marcus
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Marcus,

Thanks for this.

Yes I found the specs in IFC manager. How I can bring those information to the parameter list. See attached none of the specifications avialble on the IFC manager is there on the parameter tab.

Looking forward for your help,

Kind regards,

Binoj
Solution
Link
Graphisoft Partner
Graphisoft Partner
I found this thread after a google search and just wanted to say for the record that this is now possible with the RFA & RVT Geometry Exchange Add-on for ARCHICAD 21by BIM6x.

https://www.bim6x.com/blog/bim6x-announces-revit-families-revit-geometry-exchange-add-archicad

Cheers,
Link.