BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Converting to AutoCAD, unit problem

Anonymous
Not applicable
I am trying to convert from ArchiCAD 12 to AutoCAD for my client's use. I use inches and feet. She wants to use the same units but when she opens the file everything is in meters. I've checked with some other AutoCAD users and they have the same issue with my file. I have set my conversion file to "Value of 1DXF/DWG Drawing Unit in ArchiCAD = 1 foot" to no avail. I don't know what else to do? I know she can change it on her end, but I don't want a client to have to do that. Any suggestions?
1 REPLY 1
Eduardo Rolon
Either use a template file that is set to inches before you export or tell her to type units in Autocad and select Architectural with fractional inches from the options.

Autocad by default starts in decimal units which does not necessarily means that it is in meters. It is standard for Autocad users to work in inches therefore you should export using 1" instead of 1'.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Learn and get certified!