BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Costs [€] per sqm [m2] zone calculation

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone,

First of all, I'm a Dutch student so don't mind my incorrect English...

Nevertheless, I still have a 'problem'... even after hours of research, I couldn't find the right answer. My problem is as follow: for my internship the company asked me to 'develop' a tool that shows the price per sqm. The first thing I did, of course, was checking the schedule-mode in ArchiCAD. The thing is, it takes too much time and you have to insert every cost manually..

What I want is, that when I draw something, the right values pop-up immediately (in area-tool). For example: when I draw a slab with a wall, the area shows '€500/m2' , when I insert some inner walls and doors the price will rise to '€1,000/m2' when I change the wooden doors to steel doors the price per sqm will be '€2,000/m2'.

In order words, when I draw/change something, I want to see how much this change will cost me, so I can decide to use other materials or something. So the best solution is an area-text where the price per sqm will be shown, included walls, doors etc.

I think it's no problem to do some hard work, and it won't be easy. But I couldn't find the answer on the internet, so my last hope is u guys. Every search leads back to 'estimate/ take-off/ unit costs' with Excel or Schedule and manual costs insert. So I hope someone can give me the right tutorial, manual or description.

Hope all the above is clear to u all, so one of u can help me out!
Thanks for that!
7 REPLIES 7
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
In the dutch key member library for simple cost per square meters you can use the zone tool. You can set a price per square meter and draw the zone to the correct foot print. Or a price per cubic meter.

ArchiCAD22 might offer more options, but it has only fairly recently been released in NL and I can't recommend committing fully to a fresh release, where ussually there are a few bugs still around (sadly).

For our projects we have some key figures per m3 we use for initial design stage. We grab the cubic meters from a morph that represents the gross volume.

From Design Development onwards we grab data from our model with a selection of dedicated schedules to grab m1, m2 or m3 depending on the elements that we use in a calculation spreadsheet. You can't get all costs out of a model anyway. There are building site costs, profit, insurance etc etc

Also: remember that if you wish to get all costs from your ArchiCAD model in a schedule, you need to model everything. By using a quantity take off and taking that to external software, you are free to interpret data as you please. For example, it is very easy to grab the m2 of wall finish in a zone and then interpret that for tiles, plaster, wall paper etc etc without having to differentiate that in ArchiCAD.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
hi!!
may you help me creating zone costs at a squeducle table?
Anonymous
Not applicable
You will have to create a new property (TotalCost?) with a Property Expression that grabs the Zone area and multiply (*) to your "Preço/m2). Then apply it to your Zones by Classifications.
Hope this helps.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Olá Paulo Henrique.
Consegui realizar a fórmula.
Obrigado
Barry Kelly
acalapez wrote:
Olá Paulo Henrique.
Obrigado
Hello Paulo Henrique.
I managed to realize the formula.
Thanks

Remember, English only in this forum please.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
acalapez wrote:
Olá Paulo Henrique.
Obrigado
Hi Paulo Henrique.