BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Count elements (objects) and components (walls,slabs)

Anonymous
Not applicable
I want to be able to use objects for base cabinets but also be able to have archicad calculate them as linear ft and add all base cabinets together. AS of now, I have to get a list of cabinets ... (3) 3 ft base cabinets, (1) 2.5 ft base cabinets and then add them together in excel. Is there any way to use objects but to get them to add in the same list scheme I use for slabs and walls? And get all the base cabinets to add all together?

Thanks in advance,
Michele
4 REPLIES 4
Aussie John
Newcomer
michelle - you can in the schedule setting- see the attachment.
If you want to group like objects then use the flag symbol as well as the sum symbol.
As far as I know you cant combine wall and object schedules
Cheers John
John Hyland : ARINA : www.arina.biz
User ver 4 to 12 - Jumped to v22 - so many options and settings!!!
OSX 10.15.6 [Catalina] : Archicad 22 : 15" MacBook Pro 2019
[/size]
Anonymous
Not applicable
Q: Is there a way of eliminating duble placed elements?
Barry Kelly
Adalbert wrote:
Q: Is there a way of eliminating duble placed elements?
Have you tried the Check For Duplicates add-on that come with Archicad?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Michele wrote:
I want to be able to use objects for base cabinets but also be able to have archicad calculate them as linear ft and add all base cabinets together. AS of now, I have to get a list of cabinets ... (3) 3 ft base cabinets, (1) 2.5 ft base cabinets and then add them together in excel. Is there any way to use objects but to get them to add in the same list scheme I use for slabs and walls? And get all the base cabinets to add all together?

Thanks in advance,
Michele
Interesting problem. I would think, if you are trying to get lin.ft. of base cabinets it would be better to extract the info from a separate "countertop" object. I personally place all cabinets without the counter top and place a separate countertop object across the top of all of them.

Using this approach you could also get sq ft for your counter material from the same object if needed.

Dan K
Learn and get certified!