Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Creality Ender 3 Pro - STL files and Archicad

rob2218
Enthusiast
My lovely wife gave me an Ender 3 Pro from Creality. A 3D printer. I've been "LOVIN" it every moment I've had it.
I'm trying to create a 3d STL file from an Archicad PLN file. I use the 3d view, export out to STL but when I open it up in Cura (the software that allows you you to Slice an STL file) it appears strange?

I'm using a 3D Text converted to a morph object but the text comes out 100X larger than the components of the file itself...no matter how many times I convert the text to a morph.
Any ideas?
The "sign" portion comes in very small and the 3Dtext converted to a morph comes in HUGE.
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
5 REPLIES 5
rob2218
Enthusiast
here's what it looks like in Cura.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Barry Kelly
I have no idea what the problem may be - why it would scale morphs differently to everything else.
But have you tried not converting the text to a morph, or converting the whole thing to a morph?
Or magic wand a slab to replace the morph text.

It looks like only the number text is having a problem.
What is different about that compared to the words?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
rob2218
Enthusiast
humm...interesting. Only the "numbers" are having the problem.
Yes....the only difference is that in the original...the 'numbers' are a larger font than the other 3d text-converted to morph objects.

I'll try your different techniques.

thanks,
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Hi Rob,

Thank you for sharing the issue!

Unfortunately, I was not able to replicate this issue! In the pictures attached below, you can see how I export the model to STL and open it with a simple STL viewer. Everything was correct, therefore I am wondering if there's an issue with Cura. I'm not familiar with Cura, but have you tried with different export settings, or test with other STL viewer?

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

rob2218
Enthusiast
thank you Minh.
I'll ask others to see if they have experienced this issue.
Maybe it's a "scale" issue when converting an architectural units setting file into a millimeter opening STL file in Cura?
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23