Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

Create .MOD files without including Hotlinks Modules

gdford
Advisor

Is it possible to "Save As" a .mod module without automatically including Hotlink files that are attached to the project?  The only way I see to do this is to remove the hotlink modules and then save out as as .MOD  -- This sucks as a workflow!!
Any Suggestions?

Also - I have noticed that when I save out a .MOD file to my computer and then upload the .mod file to the bim server that when I go through the motions of updating the .mod file I saved to the computer the Save As goes through its normal process, but the file I am trying to over-write does not actually get overwritten...  I assume this is due to some internal link between the bimserver version of the file and the original one on my computer.... I guess I need to delete the version from the bimserver first.
Any Thoughts on this??

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
8 REPLIES 8

I guess you could "Select All" and then "deselect" (with grouping turned on) the hotlinks. Then copy  to your clipboard and then "Save Clipboard as Module"

99% of the modules I save are from the clipboard, so maybe this solution would work for you?

Rex Maximilian, Honolulu, USA - www.rexmaximilian.com
ArchiCAD 27 (user since 3.4, 1991)
16" MacBook Pro; M1 Max (2021), 32GB RAM, 1 TB SSD, 32-Core GPU
Apple Vision Pro w/ BIMx
Creator of the Maximilian ArchiCAD Template System
vlahtinen
Booster

One option is to create a publishing set from floor plan views. Under the publishing settings of each item, you can choose to break hotlinks when saving the mod files. With Archicad 25 onwards you can also publish directly to BIMcloud.

Breaking the hotlinks only embeds them, the objects in them are still included in the saved .mod-file but not AS hotlinks, just as normal objects. If the user would like to completely exclude the content from the hotlinks one method would be to do a publishing set for the mods, with a layer combination that has the mod master layer hidden.

| AC 25 Int | Win10 | i7-7800X | 32 GB | GeForce RTX 2060 6GB |

I used the wrong term. There’s an option to not to include hotlinks altogether. 

Edit: Oops, I was wrong. The option doesn't ignore hotlinks, it works as you described. Also your method to ignore the hotlinks is valid. Sorry for confusion!

Hey - Thanks for the heads up on this. I knew breaking the hotlinks was not a solution and I had checked publishing a 3d view as a MOD, which is not available, but I never checked publishing from a plan view because I expected it would only publish from one story... Now I see the light!!! And now I can publish directly to Bim Server.... double cool and very much in my workflow. I love it!!
Thanks to all who contributed to this effort.

Gary Ford
Self Employed - Modeling, Estimating, Construction
Archicad 12-26
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor
3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s)
(RAM) 128 GB
NVIDIA RTX A2000
PVBergkrantz
Expert

Glad it was of help. Publishing mods is a powerful feature if you can get people on board with the workflow and use smart layer combinations.

Is it possible to isolate by a custom property via the Publisher? I had one project in which I was creating MODs by turning off all the mod masters, then selecting building parts via a custom property...

AC22-23 AUS 7000Help Those Help You - Add a Signature
Self-taught, bend it till it breaksCreating a Thread
Win10 | R5 2600 | 16GB | GTX1660 

I think not, the publisher basically uses views so only settings associated with that can be used, like layer combination or story. I guess you could do it semi-manually by setting up a find and select criteria, selecting, copying and using the save mod from clipboard, but that would have to be done story by story.