Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Create property not applicable to building material

bouhmidage
Advisor
Hi mates,
i'm working on creating detailled schedule for construction estimation,
i created new propretis

1 - Units in letters : which converti the unit to letters using the IFS expression

STR ( IFS ( {Property:Généralités/Unité} = "ml"; "le metre linéaire est "; {Property:Généralités/Unité} = "m²"; "le metre carré est "; {Property:Généralités/Unité} = "m³"; "le metre cube est "; {Property:Généralités/Unité} = "U"; "l'Unité est "; {Property:Généralités/Unité} = "G"; "le groupe est "; {Property:Généralités/Unité} = "F"; "Forfait "; {Property:Généralités/Unité} = "Pièce"; "la pièce est "; {Property:Généralités/Unité} = "Kg"; "le kilogramme est "; {Property:Généralités/Unité} = "Tonne"; "le Tonne est " ) )

2 - Description Appel d'offres : contain this expression :
TEXTJOIN ( "; "; TRUE; {Property:Généralités/Descriptiion APS - APD}; {Property:Généralités/Unité en lettres} )

And it join the description of the element to it's unit in letters ( it's a gouvernement obligation hhhhhhh )

The two defined propreties works well for Walls, doors, windows, beams, all construction elements,
BUT
when it comes to building material , the expressions doesn't work and it shows : "non applicable"

like the attachement

the propretie is available for all classifications to be certain

how can i figure out the problem please ?
AMD Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 10 GB
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
https://www.behance.net/Nuance-Architects
7 REPLIES 7
poco2013
Mentor
FYI:

You did not specify what you want to use "Building material" properties for:

The usage of properties in Building Materials was never defined by Graphisoft and I doubt that even the programmers know its intended usage. In the Chaos of the 23 Beta, I'm guessing it was just forgotten. So you can discount the non-applicable message in BM. It is meaningless.

If you are trying to schedule building materials, their properties are handled exactly as normal properties. In that, the material must be used in the plan and the property and the material have a classification that includes the element they are used in. IOW, there just another property.
Gerry

Windows 11 - Visual Studio 2022; ArchiCAD 27
bouhmidage
Advisor
Thanks for the reply !
The proprety is used to show the building material description and unit written in letters in the schedule.
When i sxhedule a wall, the peopreties show correctly in the schedule.
When i schedule a Building materiel, propretie field keeps empty and don't read data from the bm propreties...
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
bouhmidage
Advisor
maybe this explains it better
Note that ALL of theese propreties are available for ALL Classifications
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
poco2013
Mentor
I am still not sure what you are trying to accomplish? AFAIK-- You can not schedule just Building Materials. As mentioned above, they must first be in the plan

And if in the plan the building material properties just become another property of the element that uses it.

I think the problem may be in the criteria you are using for each of your schedules.
Gerry

bouhmidage
Advisor
Are you working on the Element schedule i thiknk
can you share a screen shot of wall propreties tab and BM propreties tab please ?
i think i got it, i'm trying to extract material propreties from a composite wall , that's why it didn't work
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional
poco2013
Mentor
yes i am using a element schedule and assuming a basic wall. If you are using compound walls, you should use a surface schedule -I'm guessing? EDIT -- Also, for composite walls, the Building Material attribute is not applicable but you can work around by using the material name.

My settings:
Gerry

bouhmidage
Advisor
Thanks Poco2013 !
your right, building material UNDER unother element can't operate formulas, you are using element schedule that's why it works,
So, th best way , is to extract material from the composite, it's possible and that's a powerfull option in archiCAD, and do the join in excel, that's easier,
Just one thing;
* Element schedutle : to schedule elements like wall, slab (calculate area of a wall , a slab area etc )
* Component schedule : to list components of an element : Components of a composite wall with all their data, components of a curtain wall, stair, railing... like listing subcategories
* Surface schedule : only for painting work, it liest the surface , and here the difference : i can build a wall with stucco , and paint it half RED and half BLUE

==> stucco quantitie : From component schedule
painting quantities : From surface schedule
Archicad 25
Windows 10 professional