Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.
SOLVED!

Creating Transmittals

Oszie_19
Contributor

I am not sure if it is that I am doing something wrong, but it seems one would require to reserve an entire team project in order to create a transmittal. So my question is, do I have to reserve the entire project to create a submittal for a selected "Subset" ? 

Reserving the entire project for this purpose is non-productive since others will have to wait until elements are released again. This is frustratingly compounded having to deal with inter region latency regarding network speed. And for a project size over +5G it takes a huge junk of productive time.

I would appreciate any assistance if there is any.

AC16US - AC26US
Win11 Pro | Build 22000 | X299 DESIGNARE EX | i9-9940X | 64GB | Quadro RTX4000
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Solution

It needs to be the very top layer of the Layout Book not the subset. (Where the grey icon is above the one you have selected in the second image). 

Lee Hankins
ArchiCAD 4.5 - Archicad 27UKI Apple Silicon 27.1.1
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Do you mean a Transmittal? You can normally create a new Transmittal if you have the very top level of the Layout Book reserved and obviously any layouts that need the views updating without having to reserver the entire project.

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

@Lee Hankins ; thank you for the prompt reply and also thank you for the correction--I often make that mistake. However, i tried your suggestion first before I replied here. After  reserving the entire "sheet layout set" along with the "publisher" does not give me the "OK" towards creating a new Transmittal just for the selected "subset".😕

Unable to create transmittalUnable to create transmittal

AC16US - AC26US
Solution

It needs to be the very top layer of the Layout Book not the subset. (Where the grey icon is above the one you have selected in the second image). 

Lee Hankins
macOS Sonoma (14.2)

@Lee Hankins , thank you. that saved me a whole lot of time.Creating transmittals without reserving entire project solvedCreating transmittals without reserving entire project solved

AC16US - AC26US