BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Cross-referencing published DWGs to Drawings

Geoff Briggs
Mentor
Howdy, I'm interested in your opinions as to the best way to publish a bunch of DWGs from ArchiCAD while maintaining a reasonably easy way to index them such that the Autocad gomer on the other end can figure out to which drawing (based on a printed or PDF set) each of the DWG files relates. The problem is that with ArchiCAD assigning sheet and drawing numbers at the tail end of the workflow DWGs created by publishing the View map reference the drawings only by name, which makes finding them in a long list too hard, especially if some names are the same. Ideally the DWGs would be named with the complete drawing reference (e.g. 3/A8.5). I don't think ArchiCAD can do that so perhaps a sequential numbering system paired with a drawing index or a customized drawing title that showed both the sheet based drawing number and the view ID. I appreciate your ideas and solutions. Thanks.
Regards,
Geoff Briggs
I & I Design, Seattle, USA
AC7-27, M1 Mac, OS 14.x
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!