BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Curtain Wall Schedule - Impossible to get results like Windows

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi all,
I have big problems trying to get a decent Schedule from Curtain Walls objects. I've used CW in order to make some Windows that where impossible to do with the normal Windows tool.
Problems:
-2d Plan view completely wrong: using the 2d plan preview the CW is showed completely wrong in terms of panel looks and dimension proportion. I dont know why but for some CW is working and for some is just giving back a fake 2d plan view.

-2d Elevation view not existing right? Did someone has a solution here?
my workaround is making some elevation view for each CW, not that interactive solution, since you to manually arrange the layout and organize many views. Not possible to use the option "Split drawing among multiple Layouts", like for a schedule view. I have over 100 windows/cw in my project. Manually make each layout for each window/cw is painfully time consuming.

Did someone experiencing the same "pain"? Any help will be much appreciate.
Greetings,
RB
1 REPLY 1
Podolsky
Ace
Yes, I had a lot of pain with it. The only solution was to select each CW, choose right isometric view and save it as 3D document. And after annotate it as entry for schedule. Unfortunately there is no ways to populate automatic schedule from Curtain Walls as it happens with windows.
Learn and get certified!