Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Custom AC21 properties to IFC properties

I created five custom properties via Archicad 21 under the group, which is called "Données"

During my export ifc I lose these five custom properties

I know how to create duplicate IFC parameters to make sure that some information is exported
But I want to transfer my AC21 custom properties into my ifc

Is this possible easily or should I double my informations by IFC properties ?
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
9 REPLIES 9
After more than 280 views without replie I've found :

Easy
Christophe - FRANCE

"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, there are at least 2 other reasons that might appear. Like improper AC element classification setup. I'd rather suggest to set up good IFC properties mapping. Of course, it depends on the size of the project. With a house like this, it's not a problem to use properties. But on bigger projects you won't be able to keep track of all properties put in mostly manually.

Usually, it's easier if you provide INT version screenshot or at least some translation. Then I suppose its most likely that someone will answer and help. Or someone with the same problem will use your solution... It took me a while to check which tab of IFC menu you were changing.
"But on bigger projects to won't be able to keep track of all properties put in mostly manually."
Thanks about your answer !
At the moment all the custom properties are correctly transferred in the IFC file with this method
Why do you say that a larger project might omit custom properties with this method?
Christophe - FRANCE

Anonymous
Not applicable
IFC Mapping rules have much more interesting possibilities of reading data from AC model. For example, you can set up rules that read dimensions of elements, composite structure, building materials or custom properties etc.. and put it to specified IFC Filed. Additionally, you can reuse this data in AC labels for making automatic annotations. The biggest benefit, in my opinion, is IfcType which allows you to group elements according to specified parameters. For example, you can generate groups of windows based on real dimensions in model or Zones based on names and program. etc.
"IFC Mapping rules have much more interesting possibilities of reading data from AC model."

Could you give a concrete example ?

For the moment I manage to exploit the properties AC like that of an ifc. Not being constrained by custom properties, I do not understand the purpose of soliciting a complex map

Thanks about your explanation
Christophe - FRANCE

felcunha
Expert
Hello Christophe,
Take a look into the blog article I've written in www.bimservices.fr/le-blog
You'll have an idea of how to map your rules into Archicad...
Bien cordialement,
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
I had already read this very good article and I already had the opportunity to perform mapping ifc but that's not my question. It is to perceive the interest to map while the transfer of AC custom properties is carried out perfectly and simply ? An example is better than long talk and that's why I've illustrate my words above

You seem to have very professional human resources at BIM service. Thank you for the link, I will try to go there more often
Christophe - FRANCE

felcunha
Expert
You'll have to map IFC properties for example when your demands require data in a different format than ones you're able to have with AC properties or data...
Like when the BEP asks you to name te entry doors with the appartement name + the storey + the width of the door...
You can do this by concatenating your properties (and splitting them if necessary) as a rule into the Name property...
Felipe Ribeiro Cunha

AC 26, macOS Monterey
Oh thank you felcunha that is much clearer. Even if I proceed without mapping for this type of operation (modest project) I now understand better the advantage of the mapping
Christophe - FRANCE