BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Custom Text Hotlink Module Doors

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do you have the ability to edit custom text fields within a door schedule that is capturing doors from hot link modules? I have no problem editing the fields from doors that are not a part of a module, however it won't allow me to manually update the text from the doors within the modules. If you can't edit these fields, is there another work around people have tried before?
6 REPLIES 6
Barry Kelly
Modules are locked when placed in a plan and can't be edited.
If you select the door in the schedule you will see at the top that it says it is locked.
So you can only edit the door parameters in the original module file (i.e. open module in a separate Archicad).

I notice too that you can't even edit a 'Custom Text' field in the schedule for a module door.
This seems a little odd to me because even if you had the identical custom text field in a schedule in the original module file, I don't think it will transfer to the second file as the schedule is not part of the module and that custom text field is not part of the door as it only exists in the schedule itself.

So how do you add a custom text field to items in a schedule that are part of a module?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Barry Kelly
Barry wrote:
I notice too that you can't even edit a 'Custom Text' field in the schedule for a module door.
This seems a little odd to me because even if you had the identical custom text field in a schedule in the original module file, I don't think it will transfer to the second file as the schedule is not part of the module and that custom text field is not part of the door as it only exists in the schedule itself.
Rather than just thinking about it I actually tried it.
You do have to edit the custom field in the original module file too.
It seems the schedule is created when you save the module and so is there when you edit the module.

However if you edit the schedule in the main file (i.e. add another custom text field) after you have created the module file then the new custom field will not be in the module file.
You have to make the same edit in the module file as well.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry,

Thank you for the response. Unfortunately the hotlink modules are within the same teamwork file (drafted on a negative story). Since I cannot edit the schedule in a separate file, do you know if there is any way to add custom text attributes to the door itself? My schedule is already pulling some information from door attributes i.e. type, fire rating, glazing, etc. Our firm calls out for the door+frame material as well as door+frame finish.

Thank you,
Barry Kelly
I am not familiar with teamwork but the hotlink shouldn't be any different to a solo file, assuming you have all the correct permissions to edit it.

Find the hotlink, select it, right mouse click and choose "Edit in separate Archicad".

Otherwise depending on the door object it may or may not have 'custom' parameters that you can use for the info you want and to can add these into your schedule.
Or use the Properties to store the info you want - sounds like you are already doing this with the fire rating, etc.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Anonymous
Not applicable
Barry wrote:
Otherwise depending on the door object it may or may not have 'custom' parameters that you can use for the info you want and to can add these into your schedule.
Or use the Properties to store the info you want - sounds like you are already doing this with the fire rating, etc.
Thanks Barry.
I was able to use the property manager tool and add custom properties to objects (doors in this case). Once I adjusted my door schedule to pull these properties it recognized them from the hotlink modules.
Barry Kelly
cdaubert wrote:
Thanks Barry.
I was able to use the property manager tool and add custom properties to objects (doors in this case). Once I adjusted my door schedule to pull these properties it recognized them from the hotlink modules.
Excellent.

Barry.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Learn and get certified!