Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

Custom text

fprpic
Newcomer
Hi all,

I need to create a new schedule file for each door and each window and add then I have to add each schedule on a separate layout. Layouts are not the problem.
What the problem is, I have a lot custom text fields in each schedule, because some information I just can't get out of Archicad.

The problem is "custom text" is not linked to each schedule. For example - I have window 1 schedule and window 2 schedule.
When I edit custom text in the window 1 schedule, it is not edited in window 2 schedule.
So, I'll have at least 20 doors or windows that require me to use the same schedule template, and after I create all these 20 schedules, and if I need to change the custom text on one schedule, I'll need to do it on all 20 schedules. That's a lot of work.

Is there a way to "link" these custom texts so they will be edited in all schedules?
Or is there a way to add a new description field inside the window/door so I would get that information in schedule from the window/door?

Also, is there a way to make a template for Fields so when I add one or two, or remove one or two items from the Fields that will be updated in all schedules that use that template?

Thank you!
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Schedules are not built from templates.
When you create a 'New' schedule, you have the option to 'Duplicate' an existing one - but they will be separate schedules once created.
So if you have created 20 schedules and you want to make changes, you will need to do it for each one.

The custom text may be solvable though.
You say there is information that you can't get from Archicad.
Have you looked at 'Classifications' & 'Properties'?
Briefly you can classify elements and you can have properties associated to those classifications.
The properties can have undefined. default or custom values.
So you can set a default value for a property, associate that property with a 'Window' classification and all windows will get that property value once you classify them as a 'Window' (you can override it in individual values in each window if you want to).
You can schedule these properties just by adding them like any other field in the schedule.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
fprpic
Newcomer
Thank you for your reply.
I have managed to find a workaround.
I have created new Properties that are shown in windows/classification, so I can edit them there and then add them to the schedules.

I have another question.
Is there a way I could change the the preview of the 2D symbols in the schedules?
I need to show ~30 cm of the wall from each side of the end of the door/window in 2d floor plan view and 2d section view.
Is there a way to do it automatically in the schedules?

Thank you!
Barry Kelly
fprpic wrote:
Is there a way I could change the the preview of the 2D symbols in the schedules?

Yes, you can manipulate the schedule previews, but you will need a fairly good understanding of GDL.
I wouldn't attempt this unless you really know what you are doing as you need to adjust the actual window objects - and it is not a good idea to change GS objects if you want to maintain compatibility with future library updates or new versions.
You will need to work on duplicates of the window objects.
And then it may not work as I have tried to do this in particular.
But I know it is possible to influence what shows in the schedule preview.
It will just be very, very messy.

fprpic wrote:
I need to show ~30 cm of the wall from each side of the end of the door/window in 2d floor plan view and 2d section view.
Is there a way to do it automatically in the schedules?

Automatically - no.
Manual annotation is the best way if you really have to do this.

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11