Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

D/W Builder AC 10

Brett Brown
Advocate
Hi All, Can someone please tell me the settings for D/W Builder to show a Flanged window or door sitting in a 190mm rebated block opening. Kiwi's will recognize this type. I have done it in AC 9 D/W Builder but can't duplicate it in AC 10 D/W Builder. Must be something I'm overlooking. Thanks
Imac, Big Sur AC 20 NZ, AC 25 Solo UKI,
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brett

The same settings will be there somewhere, they're just all over the place now.

Not too impressed with the new interface. The "show more detail" button seems a waste of time, why not have all the detail all the time. When you click on door leaf dimensions, then get another button saying "click here to see dimensions" you think, didn't I just ask for that?

Can't help directly cos I'm not at an Archicad computer at the moment, but if you look thru the frame / reveal tabs you should find what you want.

Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
Brett

See attached image.

You need to click on the "more options" button in the Frame section to get the flange option to appear, then tick the check box (or check the tick box). Reveal settings at top of dialogue.

Hope this is what you want.
Brett Brown
Advocate
Thanks Stuart for the reply. Yes I used both those settings but it doesn't work. Attached is what I want from AC 9. I agree with you on interface of D/W Builder and have expressed my opinion to Cadimage. Perhaps everyone should and we might get it substantially improved.
Anonymous
Not applicable
It is a problem isn't it. I've been trying all sorts of settings, got a good result in 3D, with flange, interior architrave, rebate (using "square recess" in Jamb Moulding tab), all looks good. But look at the plan (and checking "always show full detail" in symbol parameter is not changing anything). Note: interior at bottom of image.
Brett Brown
Advocate
Thanks Stuart you have got closer than I can get. I have reported the problem to Cadimage along with numerous others. Inside is at top of above picture.