BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DB items defined in Property do not display in BOM

Hubert Wagner
Participant
Hello List :
I've created a database of materials which is loaded as an embedded library.
I've created composite objects to represent wall, roof and floor panels.
And I've created property objects for each panel populated with items from the database. And each panel is assigned the appropriate property.

One composite object displays only four out of seven materials in the component list BOM.
The three absent materials all occur in one category on the database. However, the other four come from three separate categories.

I don't see any difference in how the materials are defined. Nevertheless, after reloading the database, over writing the file with save as, the three materials do not appear.

I cannot see why this is happening.

Regards : Hubert Wagner
1 REPLY 1
Hubert Wagner
Participant
Problem solved :

Given a property object is assigned to a 3D object individually.
Later new items are added to the database and the property object is updated with these new items.

On the components page of the Set Up List Scheme dialog, the checkbox for the appropriate database in the …by keys field must be reset. After adding new items the checkbox showed a line. On update it shows a checkmark.
Learn and get certified!