BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DDS CAD any one colaborate with ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I have a question if anyone has experience in work with MEP, Structural, Architects or other consultants working on DDS-CAD?

I couldn't find any forum or other places to communicate with DDS users so I thought I ask here .
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable
well.. I'm starting to believe that It will be easier to find Yeti than DDS CAD user
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
Did a google search, found some youtube clips, this looks like the sort of software I sometimes see on building expositions and think to myself that it looks like something from a few decades ago. They seem to have a german and dutch market (at least a website in those languages), though can't say I've heard of it before in NL.

The website lists the ussual import / export options of IFC, DWG, DXF though, so if a consultant is using it, you should be able to exchange model info.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Heh… Thanks for comment Good one.. I thought they are quite popular in Holand. Actually, program maybe looks old but it has quite interesting options. Especially for MEP because its possible to make calculations… so it seems like Revit combined with MagicCAD.

We did some test with our MEP and Import/Export of the IFC model is very good and all test are promising. However, there is a total lack of any support and deeper knowledge more than those youtube videos . Since the calculation and representation model is closely related there are some automatic stuff happening. Even support guys seem don't understand why some stuff works in certain way
Erwin Edel
Rockstar
It reminds me of Arkey / Adomi, which is Dutch.

I just get this sort of feeling that we should be amazed by the fact that there is something 3D on the screen when seeing these old looking interfaces and outdated looking 3D engine.
Erwin Edel, Project Lead, Leloup Architecten
www.leloup.nl

ArchiCAD 9-26NED FULL
Windows 10 Pro
Adobe Design Premium CS5
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

it passed quit some time from last reply...

I'm using DDS-CAD. Contact me if this is still in progress.
Learn and get certified!