BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DDS CAD

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello there,

--- Short Story:
I am looking for any reviews on DDS-CAD (HVAC / Plumbing and Elec) for our small MEP Firm as I cant seem to find any forums or independent reviews.
Does anybody know of any, or have had an experience using there products? Any advice, options or warnings on this would be very much appreciated.

--- Long Story:
We are a small MEP Firm in the UK and have been looking to get into a more BIM approach while not heading down the Autodesk route.

Reading a number of posts on here, people in similar situations have shown disinterest in DDS CAD and have subsequently gone to Revit just to avoid it.
I am trying to figure out why, as they seem to offer a good set-up, albeit somewhat pricey. As we are quite small this is a significant investment for us so Id like to know if there are any dangers in going ahead with this plan, or if they are somehow not appropriate for smaller firms and lonely BIM.

Also, if anybody has an alternative suggestion of a good piece software for MEP calculations this would be would also be incredibly appreciated.

From a few people I have spoken with (in regards to Revit) many calculations need to be verified by hand, so are more of a false sense of security. Does this seem to be the case with most of the software packages or are there some which are more stable than others?

Many thanks in advance, to any opinions or thoughts on this.

Guy
0 REPLIES 0
Learn and get certified!