Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

DNS error connecting remotely using hamachi VPN

Dave Brach
Advocate
I have a dedicated server machine that I have been connecting to remotely for months using Hamachi VPN. All of a sudden I am getting the error message

"Resolve DNS has failed

DNS Error. Can't resolve server name to IP address. The name you have entered is not a valid server name, or the DNS server is located on a different network, please check the name or type the IP address of the server."

where would I "type the IP address" ?? The only thing that I have changed lately is the password for the network ID, but this works fine when I am not connecting remotely. Can anyone help?
Dave Brach/architect
AC26 MBP OS Ventura
AMD Radeon Pro 5300M 4 GB
Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB
4 REPLIES 4
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
Dave,

As a start, I would leave all instances of ArchiCAD and then delete the connections.xml file located here:
C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Graphisoft\ConnectionInfo\15.0.0

Then start up ArchiCAD again.

When you changed the password it may have changed permissions to network addresses in a subtle way affecting how applications that use VPN access the DNS server.

Hopefully this is all you need to do.

Ed
Graphisoft Technical Support
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Ed,

We have the same error message on ArchiCAD 17. "DNS Error"

This occurred after updating Mac to OS X 10.10.3 and re-installing BIM Server 17 - the server works properly, but the error keeps coming up.

Where will I find the Connections.xml in Mac?
Ed_Brown
Graphisoft
Graphisoft
There is a lot of good information in this help center article.

http://helpcenter.graphisoft.com/troubleshooting/teamwork/general-troubleshooting-for-connection-err...

And, the folder you are looking for is located here:
~/Library/Application Support/Graphisoft/ConnectionInfo/17.0.0
Graphisoft Technical Support
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you Ed, I will inform you if I get any problems with this issue.