Teamwork & BIMcloud
About Teamwork, BIMcloud, BIMcloud Basic, BIMcloud Software as a Service, network settings, etc.

DNS failure?

We are recently experiencing the following problem: Even though everyone is regularly using TW and sending/receiving normaly, at one point somebody is unable to send/receive or reserve and gets an error message of "Unsuccesfull Teamwork Operation". The user appears online, but when checking the connections there seems to be a DNS error, even though the DNS is running and the server address is resolved.
The error goes on for 4-5 minutes and then the user is again able to work properly on TW, even though the DNS error is still on...

Any ideas?

Mac OSX 13.6.4 | AC 26 INT 3001 FULL
16 REPLIES 16
Hi Tamas,
I checked thourogly the points you have suggested, and I found that the sockets are 512 on both the server side and the clients.
Also the BIM server is running on Mac OSX 10.6.8

As for the sockets, I saw that each client opens a lot of connections, about 12. So for 6 persons working on a TW projects we can easily reach 72 sockets, which is rather too much I think.

Anyway thanks for your involvement in solving the problem
nitizz
Participant
Achille wrote:
Hi Tamas,
I checked thourogly the points you have suggested, and I found that the sockets are 512 on both the server side and the clients.
Also the BIM server is running on Mac OSX 10.6.8

As for the sockets, I saw that each client opens a lot of connections, about 12. So for 6 persons working on a TW projects we can easily reach 72 sockets, which is rather too much I think.

Anyway thanks for your involvement in solving the problem
Have you manage to resolve the DNS
Me too Im having the same problem
Only DNS Failed
Please Help me
Im working on AC17
AC27 INT FULL

27-inch 2019 iMac Retina 5K 10.14.6 macOS Mojave

3.6 GHz Core I9 Radeon Pro 580X 8GB

www.rethinkstudio.mu
No, I haven't.

Actually we are facing right now a serious problem.
All the users appear to have DNS resolve error, but we are working normally on TW project.
The server has static IP and the address is correctly resolved by all macs. Checked nslookup and Network Utility.

However, one user went offline and could not by any means re-connect to the server. Tried everything. Delete connection files from preferences etc etc, nothing. Offline.

Then he tried joining the project as a different user, and this time he was able to join and work properly, even if he still appears to have DNS connection error...

What to do???
JaredBanks
Mentor
did you ever solve this? Facing the same issue.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
JaredBanks
Mentor
My solution - delete all my local data and resign in. Seems to have worked. Hope that was the issue.
Jared Banks, AIA
Shoegnome Architects

Archicad Blog: www.shoegnome.com
Archicad Template: www.shoegnome.com/template/
Archicad Work Environment: www.shoegnome.com/work-environment/
Archicad Tutorial Videos: www.youtube.com/shoegnome
Eduardo Rolon
having the same problems.
Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator

Anonymous
Not applicable
Just installed new 18 bim server. Getting DNS error!!

Can log in to project, work for a while and then get the DNS error. Work offline for a while then no problem again. Keeps jumping on and off!! How can I solve this problem?

Working on MAC OS X 10.9.4