Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DOOR SCHEDULE AND DOOR "TYPES".....need major help

rob2218
Enthusiast
I tell ya GS...these "schedules" whether they be "door types" or "door schedules" are the worst.

it's like I have NO clue how to get a simple "DOOR TYPES" with the door type letter (A, B, C, etc..) and by grouping the same "TYPE" of door whether it be a 2'-8" or 3'-0".....it's still a "B type" door......

and also, how to get that "door type" information to be coordinate inside the "DOOR SCHEDULE".....

I can't believe this is this hard to create and why something like this isn't a simple STOCK list in AC18.

Yes, there's a door types "list" but it doesn't work as it should.
In the U.S., "door types" means just that...."what type of door with a letter is represented in a door schedule and shown as a 2D in the "door types" chart.
....please..I need some help.

DOOR TYPES.jpg
...Bobby Hollywood live from...
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Windows7 -OS, MAC Maverick OS
8 REPLIES 8
It looks to me like the simplest way to get the schedule to show a door TYPE in terms of A, B, C… and still maintain all of the parametric functionality you need for managing the door schedules, is to just add a Custom Text like this: (See picture)

You can't make the door ID display as letters in one place and numbers in another. Since you are using the door ID in your floor plans as a Marker you can not use the ID to display as a letter in the schedule.

Or if the only thing that defines a Door Type for you is the panel/leaf of the door, you could just rename the panel/leaf to A, B, C, D…and schedule that.

In the case of Window Schedules, I would reverse the numbers and letters.

Use numbers for Door ID's and letters for Window ID's.

You can very quickly change all of the window or door ID's to letters or numbers using the Element ID Manager which is a very powerful and easy tool to use.

It is also very important to keep everything in the schedules parametric with the ID's in the floor plan for the sake of managing the ID's efficiently.

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

And your Door Type schedule would look line this:
2015-03-06_2-06-38.png

ArchiCAD 25 7000 USA - Windows 10 Pro 64x - Dell 7720 64 GB 2400MHz ECC - Xeon E3 1535M v6 4.20GHz - (2) 1TB M.2 PCIe Class 50 SSD's - 17.3" UHD IPS (3840x2160) - Nvidia Quadro P5000 16GB GDDR5 - Maxwell Studio/Render 5.2.1.49- Multilight 2 - Adobe Acrobat Pro - ArchiCAD 6 -25

I like to to turn on the door label to show the Door ID and I use the door Marker to show the Door Size.
If you only want to see one or the other just turn it off.

A tip about using the Element ID Manager tool:

I don't remember exactly how to do it but if I remember correctly you can control how the ID's are assigned by the order in which you select things.

I seem to remember working this out and making some posts about it here on the forum. The idea is to select the doors, windows, footings, what ever in a systematic pattern so the ID's are assigned in a rational pattern. Clockwise, top to bottom, side to side... I am not sure we can still do that with version 18. ??
2015-03-06_2-25-28.png

rob2218
Enthusiast
Once again...I have failed.
Failed to explain my clients needs properly.

1) I do NOT need to show letters in one place and numbers in another.
2) The "Door Schedule" has door numbers, that's fine.
3) The "Door Schedule" needs to contain a column that indicates a "letter" which relates to a "Door Type" (A, B,C ,D..)
4) The "Door Type" chart (cause that's really what it is, a pictoral front elevation of the door panel) should only have in it a column (or row either direction) for the "door letter" (that's the type), door picture of the front, that's the 2d graphics of the door panel, quantity count, and "notes". The "Door Types" chart does NOT need to have the door dimensions. That's being indicated in the "Door Schedule".
5) On the floor plan, I only need to "see" (not hidden) the door number, i.e. 101, 102, 103...etc. I don't need to see the door types in plan BUT ALL the doors need to be cross-coordinated with the "Door Schedule" AND the "Door Types" Chart.

This is traditional documentation 101 folks....really. I have not a clue why Archicad names "Door Types" and I can not alter the "parameter" in the "door types" column to a letter "A, B, C, D" etc....

So...what's the process for making this so?
Steve wrote:
It looks to me like the simplest way to get the schedule to show a door TYPE in terms of A, B, C… and still maintain all of the parametric functionality you need for managing the door schedules, is to just add a Custom Text like this: (See picture)

You can't make the door ID display as letters in one place and numbers in another. Since you are using the door ID in your floor plans as a Marker you can not use the ID to display as a letter in the schedule.

Or if the only thing that defines a Door Type for you is the panel/leaf of the door, you could just rename the panel/leaf to A, B, C, D…and schedule that.

In the case of Window Schedules, I would reverse the numbers and letters.

Use numbers for Door ID's and letters for Window ID's.

You can very quickly change all of the window or door ID's to letters or numbers using the Element ID Manager which is a very powerful and easy tool to use.

It is also very important to keep everything in the schedules parametric with the ID's in the floor plan for the sake of managing the ID's efficiently.

i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast

I can't rename the panel leaf, that's just it....when I click on the pull-down from that column (where it says "Door Type") alls I get are the "forced" types, such as "flush, sliding, etc..." there's no way to put in a "letter" in there, at all.

Also, it appears I need to have the "leaf size" as a criteria because if not...then only ONE door will be seen in this "Door Type" chart. Now...why can't I have the same "door type" such as all FLUSH for example, simply show up on this chart and grouped together....dunno, it's very very difficult these schedules.....since day one, they have been.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
rob2218
Enthusiast
see attached.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23
Anonymous
Not applicable
Rob,
short of creating a custom door library part that has the door types renamed to match your requirements you could create a custom IFC pset for the door types which yu would them be able to edit and schedule.
I have done this as the door panel types we use commonly are SC, HC, AC, FC, FD, SD, AL, ALG, T, TG, TG1, TG2, G, FG, MC, HS, etc etc we need to edit list for each job as not evey job needs radiation sheilded doors or blast doors, I would not expect grphisoft to know this.
Have also added IFC psets for all of the hardware we wish to schedule.
Regards
Scott
rob2218
Enthusiast
After talking and debating many points with a fellow user (Steve J) we concluded and it worked that I could simply add a field in the "Door Schedule" and the same field in the "Door Types" selected from the parameters list. I decided to use a variable called "User Defined 1".
I'm going to substitute the name "User Defined 1" with "Door Type" and use letters to be inserted, included into the columns of both the "Door Schedule" and the "Door Types" list.

Ironic though that Archicad does indeed have a "Door Types" with 'almost' it working properly but....not quite.

I think I have it worked out.
Also, I had a local gal here in LA give me the same suggested route so I know I'm on the right track.
i>u
Edgewater, FL!
SOFTWARE VERSION:
Archicad 22, Archicad 23