Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWG Export - Layer conversion - PEN-to-LAYER method do not work with door/window markers, dimensions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear folks,

today I found that the Layer conversion method - PEN-to-LAYER method do not work with door/window markers, dimensions-lines anymore??

Is this a new broken thing in the DWG-Export? Do anyone know something about this new behavior?

Thank you for your help,

Best regards from Vienna,
Klaus
2 REPLIES 2
Laszlo Nagy
Community Admin
Community Admin
Could you provide info about the exact Archicad version you are using?
Some screenshots would also be helpful, maybe a screenshot of your relevant DWG Translator settings, how those elements look in Archicad, and how they look in the exported DWG file.
Loving Archicad since 1995 - Find Archicad Tips at x.com/laszlonagy
AMD Ryzen9 5900X CPU, 64 GB RAM 3600 MHz, Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB, 500 GB NVMe SSD
2x28" (2560x1440), Windows 10 PRO ENG, Ac20-Ac27
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Klaus,

Thank you very much for your question!

As Laszlo mentioned, we will need more information to be able to identify where the problem is. As far as I know, the markers are usually exported as blocks along with windows/doors, maybe this is where the problem is?

I recommend trying the following option: under Save option of the given DWG translator, please set Explode complex ARCHICAD Elements for Saving Floor Plan section.

Looking forward to hearing from you!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT