BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWG Export

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have a lot of Layouts setup up ready to be exported as pdf but we'd like to export dwg also.
The problem is when archicad exports fills to autocad we ve had complaints that its unusable.
What worked for us last time was to copy our view maps and just change the graphical override to something that has no fills just lines.
The problem is that now i have so many view maps so many documents that i cant do that for each one.
Is there a way in the publisher sets to export dwg with no hatches or fills just lines?
6 REPLIES 6
Hello,

You have to use the publications to automate the export of dwg, pdf and all other formats. Previously, you must configure the dwg translator to define a destination layer for all types of hatching (cut hatching, zone hatching, overlay hatching). Archicad allows very good export but it is necessary to be interested in the modalities of exports dwg like an ifc export or other specifics exports because almost anything is possible !
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
Hello,

thanks for replying
Yes thats where i've been trying to make it happen! In the publication section, and it does export a dwg. I just don't know how to make it export just lines with no hatching etc.
Is there a quick and easy way to do so?
1 - you export a dwg with Hatch on a layer you will be able to delete
2 - you prepare an graphic override about your view (without hatch) before export your dwg
Christophe - FRANCE
Archicad Designer and Teacher
Archicad 15 to 27 FRA FULL

OS 11.6 Big Sur - MacBook Pro 2017 - 16Go RAM
"Quality is never an accident ; it's always the result of an intelligent effort" John Ruskin
Anonymous
Not applicable
yes thats what i've been doing but there are so many views right now its seems impractical to copy all that and change each one to the appropriate dwg graphic override. i think the best way would be to handle it somehow through the dwg translator in the publisher
Barry Kelly
papsphilip wrote:
The problem is when archicad exports fills to autocad we ve had complaints that its unusable.
What makes them unusable?
What problems is the Autocad user having?

I am no expert in this field as I have little need to export a lot of views to DWG - just a few for which I have a Graphic Override to make all cut fills and zones transparent.

Maybe it is your translator setup.
I would "export all fills as is"
Do not export fill backgrounds as additional solid hatches.
Do not explode gradient fills.

These seem to be the only options you have.
There must be a 'happy' setting otherwise every one would be having the same problem.

If that doesn't work then (apart from the Graphic Overrides) you would need to set up a fill/hatch conversion table for each Archicad fill to the same Autocad hatch.
Then maybe the Autoacad user could easily selct and delete them?

Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks for replying
i'll give it a shot!
Learn and get certified!