Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWG Layout and viewport contents into PM - HOW?

DennisG
Participant
Greetings;
A consultant has sent me a number of DWGs, consisting of a mass of info in model space filtered through viewports so that the only way to make sense of it all is to view the DWG in paperspace.

PROBLEM: in the translator, "Import Drawing Data from:" the option for "Paper space with viewport contents" is greyed out. When I try opening the DWG, all I get is the paperspace contents - basically an empty sheet with titles.

Please help - I've got to get on this today. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ArchiCAD-64 23 3003 USA FULL
x64 Clone PC w/Intel(R) Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
3 REPLIES 3
Djordje
Ace
DennisG wrote:
Greetings;
A consultant has sent me a number of DWGs, consisting of a mass of info in model space filtered through viewports so that the only way to make sense of it all is to view the DWG in paperspace.

PROBLEM: in the translator, "Import Drawing Data from:" the option for "Paper space with viewport contents" is greyed out. When I try opening the DWG, all I get is the paperspace contents - basically an empty sheet with titles.

Please help - I've got to get on this today. Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Dennis
Are you opening in ArchiCAD or PlotMaker? If you are opening in PlotMaker, then your DWGs should come in as they are - model data in PMKs, paper data in Layout space.

Paperspace with viewport contents is availabel only in ArchiCAD, and it should be opened at 1:1 in the units specified in the PaperSpace (usually mm in metric world, inches in imperial world). Warning: what you get is SCALED viewport content!

Now, the real question is, what do you have to do with those drawings? The answer to his is what decides the strategy.

HTH,
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
DennisG
Participant
Djordje wrote:
DennisG wrote:
Dennis
Are you opening in ArchiCAD or PlotMaker? If you are opening in PlotMaker, then your DWGs should come in as they are - model data in PMKs, paper data in Layout space.

DMG: Meaning either paper space OR model space, but no Paper space w/viewport contents.

Paperspace with viewport contents is availabel only in ArchiCAD, and it should be opened at 1:1 in the units specified in the PaperSpace (usually mm in metric world, inches in imperial world).

DMG: OK, I think I get it now 😉

Warning: what you get is SCALED viewport content!

DMG: I've been warned...

Now, the real question is, what do you have to do with those drawings? The answer to his is what decides the strategy.

DMG: All I want to do is print them to half-size via my HP 122C printer. I am resisting strongly the urge to fire up my copy of ACAD 2000 and do it that way.

HTH,
DMG: Most definitely - thanks.
Dennis
Dennis Glynn AIA
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
ArchiCAD-64 23 3003 USA FULL
x64 Clone PC w/Intel(R) Core i7-4790 CPU @ 3.60GHz, 3601 Mhz, 4 Cores, 8 Logical Processors
NVIDIA Quadro K620
16.00 GB RAM
Win 10 Pro x64 based PC
Djordje
Ace
"DennisG wrote:
All I want to do is print them to half-size via my HP 122C printer. I am resisting strongly the urge to fire up my copy of ACAD 2000 and do it that way.

Open them in PlotMaker (add to layout book, creating a new layout for each) and all should be well; if not, open them in ArchiCAD, setting the scale to 1:1 and taking care of the units, and print from there.

If I get to rework or crosscheck a project "done" in AutoCAD, I do the first. Print it out for my eyes' sake, see all the errors, and trudge on.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen