BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024
Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!
Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWG TRANSLATOR

artecon
Booster

Hi guys,

We have one question about dwg translators. What is the best way to export Archicad to dwg. Actually, we have tried all the possibilites from dwg translator menu, and any of that is not good enough. The exported dwg is too heavy. It lagging all the time in autocad. There are always some wipeouts, some mistakes. We always have to do some extra work in autocad, to optimize it to be usable (explode, deleting wipes, etc.). 

Do you find any better way to translate it to dwg?
Thank you!

2 REPLIES 2
Miha_M
Advisor

Hide any layers you don't need to export (and then export active layers only). Use Graphic Override filters to hide any graphic content that you don't want in the exported dwg files (I always hide at least the background fills). Save this view settings - have a dedicated dwg export cloned viewset folder for that. Publish this saved views to dwg. Also, before publishing, set the dwg export settings which you seem to be familiar with by now.. If you export to one partner only it's advisable if you set some export parameters through a dwg template file which this partner should provide. This way you can have even better control of some export settings.

| Archicad 4.55 - 27
| HP Z840 | 2Ă— E5-2643 v4 | 64 GB RAM | Quadro M5000 | Windows 10 Pro x64
| HP Z4 G4 | W-2245 | 64 GB RAM | RTX A4000 | Windows 11

Rajesh Patil
Expert

I have made one video clip which you can try on my YouTube channel https://youtu.be/v6v0BinYYa4

This may be helpful for you. Try and let me know 🙂

Rajesh Patil
AC 09-27 | INT | WIN11 64
Dell Inspiron 7591, Core i9, 9880H 2.30GHz, 16.0GB, NVidia GeForce GTX1650, 4.0GB, SSD Internal 500GB, Dell SSD External 250GB
Learn and get certified!