BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWG Translator - Grid Tool Marker Text not translating

Anonymous
Not applicable
I'm having trouble with the grid marker symbol not translating the text into AutoCAD. As you can see in the attached image, the grids will appear but the marker has no ID in it. If I explode the grid marker (block) in AutoCAD, it will show the attribute ID for the grid marker.

In the translator under Save Options I have it set to Explode complex ArchiCAD Elements but it still translated into a block. In a previous project, we used the 2D grid marker object which translated just fine. I'd hate to abandon the interactive AC grid marker because our official file format for exchanging data is in .dwg and it's more time consuming if we have to manually input grid marker text in AutoCAD.

Is there a work-around? Am I missing something? Is this a bug or something that needs to be reported to GS to be fixed?

Thanks!

grids.jpg
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
at my workplace i get grid marker symbol. But its not exploded in plan. It is some kind of intelegence object and if i double click on it it will be opened in enanched attribute editor in autocad
Here is a pic

And yes...you are missing something :
If previus files where exported fine i cant seee reason why they dont export fine now ???
Do you use same traslator as before?
Same archicad ?

as more stuff is defined in translator it will work better.
Anonymous
Not applicable
NeckoFromSarajevo wrote:
If previus files where exported fine i cant seee reason why they dont export fine now ???
Do you use same traslator as before?
Same archicad ?
What I meant was previously we were using with the Column Grid Indicat_NCS 13 from the objects library. This may be the first time we are attempting the AC13 grid object with hope it's not as "buggy" as the previous versions.

I never intended to explode it to begin with - I worked with default settings in both the grid tool and DWG Translator and that's the results shown in my attached image. I only exploded it after opening in AutoCAD and that is when the attributes appeared with incorrect tags. Point is - I know there are attributes but it is not translating properly for me.

I noticed in your signature that you are using AC12. Is that where your translator example came from? I am using AC13 so I now wonder if it was something that changed in the new version upgrade. EDIT - no, same thing happened to in version AC12. So, if it is working for you - I will have to comb through my translator settings and see what needs to be adjusted.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Problem solved! Found the setting that needed to be adjusted - see attached image:
Clipboard-1.jpg
Anonymous
Not applicable
good work, im glad that you solved problem...I use archicad 13...i didnt change my signature...i will correct that.
Karl Ottenstein
Glad you solved it. I've always left that checkbox unchecked because I have no idea what a "GOA Object" is. My ignorance worked in my favor I guess. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks,
Karl
One of the forum moderators
AC 27 USA and earlier   •   macOS Ventura 13.6.6, MacBook Pro M2 Max 12CPU/30GPU cores, 32GB
vistasp
Advisor
Karl wrote:
Glad you solved it. I've always left that checkbox unchecked because I have no idea what a "GOA Object" is. My ignorance worked in my favor I guess. Can anyone enlighten me?
I thought it had something to do with the beaches of sunny Goa... until I looked more carefully at the screenshot above.

"GDL Object Adaptor" object.
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Anonymous
Not applicable
vistasp wrote:
I thought it had something to do with the beaches of sunny Goa...
It reminds me of one architecture teacher I had in college... He went there for vacations and never came back... Now I know why!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Braza wrote:
vistasp wrote:
It reminds me of one architecture teacher I had in college... He went there for vacations and never came back... Now I know why!
vistasp
Advisor
Braza wrote:
vistasp wrote:
What? He turned into a GOA object?
= v i s t a s p =
bT Square Peg
https://archicadstuff.blogspot.com
https://www.btsquarepeg.com
| AC 9-27 INT | Win11 | Ryzen 5700 | 32 GB | RTX 3050 |
Learn and get certified!