Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWG Translator not giving settings option

Anonymous
Not applicable
Our office is using AC15. One of my co-workers is trying to export a DWG file using the translator. My computer and his are identical.

When he brings up the translator settings, there is no option for "Settings in Selected Translator." It shows the "Description" settings normally. Does anyone know how to be able to have the "Settings in Selected Translator" appear, so we can edit?

My computer shows the DWG Translator setting normal.

thanks,
3 REPLIES 3
Barry Kelly
Do you both have the same video drivers?
Maybe try updating them.
Also check you have the latests Java update.
Barry.
One of the forum moderators.
Versions 6.5 to 27
Dell XPS- i7-6700 @ 3.4Ghz, 16GB ram, GeForce GTX 960 (2GB), Windows 10
Lenovo Thinkpad - i7-1270P 2.20 GHz, 32GB RAM, Nvidia T550, Windows 11
Katalin Takacs
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear jballar,

there is a known issue with DWG Translator dialog, please check out this article: http://archicadwiki.com/Bugs/DwgTranslatorTabMissing
Can it be the problem in your case, too?
Katalin Takacs
Anonymous
Not applicable
I had looked at the article that you submitted before I posted. That situation did not look the same as the article, so I dismissed it. I forgot that he uses an old Sony trinitron Monitor and I have a 24" LCD monitor. His resolution is lower than mine. The video cards are the same

He went ahead and increased his resolution to its max, like the article said, and now it works fine.

thanks for helping us solve this.