BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWG Translator

Anonymous
Not applicable
hi

in AC12 i am trying to convert a plan into a dwg using a custom translator i have created.

It use to create (and still does) a very good dwg but now i have forgotten (or maybe changed something) and it only converts the Used layers into the dwg.

I have been converting it through the publisher. and have tried both options of "real folder structure" and "flat".

I tried "save as" a dwg with the translator. this happened all correctly with all my layers but didn't change the layer names i wanted it to (under the layer options in the translator)

please help me on why it wont add all the layers out of publisher.
6 REPLIES 6
Djordje
Ace
Check the Translator that is specified in the Publisher. The Don't save empty layers should be off.
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
the only opition i can see is under the translator - layers - methods - save elements on - and i have selected "all layers".

Is there somewhere else i am missing??
Thomas Holm
Booster
To get this right I think you should Save as DWG from the floor plan window, and use Model Space as target. If you save from a Layout you won't get empty layers, I think, at least not if you save to Paper Space.

Please check Archicad's Help file on DWG conversion. It's quite good, better than the manual, but you have to read every word on the operation you're working with. Don't miss a step!
AC4.1-AC26SWE; MacOS13.5.1; MP5,1+MBP16,1
Anonymous
Not applicable
yep i have tried that but it doesn't convert any of my layers to the new names i require?? i don't know why it wont?
Djordje
Ace
If you want the new names, then:

- create an empty DWG with the layer names that you require
- specify it as a template in the Translator
- map the layers in the Translator ArchiCAD layer>AutoCAD layer

Should work ...
Djordje

ArchiCAD since 4.55 ... 1995
HP Omen
Anonymous
Not applicable
hey thanks for that you were right.

because i hadn't given it a "template file" it wasn't working properly.

So now it all works fine with a new template file i have created from scratch.
Learn and get certified!