Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWG Translators - Adding prefixes to layer names

I am routinely saving DWG of layouts. ArchiCAD translators have begun adding the name of the sheet to the layer names.

I can find no way to disable this and I do not recall this happening in the past.

Can someone shed some light or let me know that it's always done this and I wasn't paying attention.

Thanks.
Think Like a Spec Writer
AC4.55 through 27 / USA AC27-4060 USA
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
7 REPLIES 7
DGSketcher
Legend
New one to me. Are you using the latest GS translator which may have options setup that weren't used in previous versions. Sometimes the templates get modified to how someone thinks would be better.
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
I do think that's what's happened.

A new feature that went undocumented, and, or, a bug in a new feature that doesn't allow the user to make the settings for layers as intended.
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
DGSketcher
Legend
It isn't a new feature, but you should be able to click on the DXF/DWG Layer name and change it to what suits your required working layers?
Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
this was the pane I should have included: I cannot edit the "<ACLayerName>" and I would guess that the associated prefix for sheet name would appear in this line as well.
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
GOBA
Booster
Hello,

I am not sure if this answers your question, but in order to map the ArchiCAD layer and DWG layer, you need to have a DWG template, with all the layers, so you can select them, after clicking “New” in "Layer name conversion":

Regards,

GOBA
ArchiCAD user since November 2109
AC24, Windows 10
Hey GOBA, I'll check k that out.

BUT,

I didn't have to do this before. I've been using a template file to hand font styles, and nothing more.
Think Like a Spec Writer
Rhino 8 Mac
MacOS 14.2.1
GOBA
Booster
Hi, I don’t really know if it’s new, or if there is another way, because I've just started to use ArchiCAD
ArchiCAD user since November 2109
AC24, Windows 10

Still looking?

Browse more topics

Back to forum

See latest solutions

Accepted solutions

Start a new discussion!