Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWG export from Archichad

cassie
Contributor

HI

I am trying to export the exact publisher layout in dwg format for consultants.

I am only able to export drawings or with xrefs.

I need to export one single drawing as a dwg that has the title block and all.

I am new to Archicad but experienced Revit

I am using 24

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
DGSketcher
Legend

@cassie It really depends what your consultants are doing with your exported file?

Some points to consider:

You will never export a perfect copy of your Archicad drawing as a DWG.

Autocad (even LT) can import PDFs as an Underlay which can be referenced. These would be the closest match to your Layout Sheet but may contain minor dimensional inaccuracies due to the way PDFs work.

If the consultant wants to modify the drawing then I export the Map View rather than Layout View. Even then the export isn't easy to work with and can require exploding multiple blocks to access the required line work. 

A template file is essential for text handling if you want to get a reasonable representation of your original drawing.

Archicad can do a basic export as standard, but it is always worth viewing the DWG before sending. 

This is a LINK to handling DWG files. It isn't as simple as we may all hope!

Finally, just ask how much of their need is your responsibility, are you doing their job for them at your expense? You can spend a lot of time trying to get the DWG to look correct.

Hope that helps.

Apple iMac Intel i9 / macOS Sonoma / AC27UKI (most recent builds.. if they work)
Eduardo Rolon

The X-Ref is a setting in the translator under save options.

If you want to export all the Layout info you need to use Publisher and the DWG will have the info based on the setting for "Save Layout Info"

EduardoRolon_0-1633179822061.png

Eduardo Rolón AIA NCARB
AC27 US/INT -> AC08

Macbook Pro M1 Max 64GB ram, OS X 10.XX latest
another Moderator