BIM Coordinator Program (INT) April 22, 2024

Find the next step in your career as a Graphisoft Certified BIM Coordinator!

Collaboration with other software
About model and data exchange with 3rd party solutions: Revit, Solibri, dRofus, Bluebeam, structural analysis solutions, and IFC, BCF and DXF/DWG-based exchange, etc.

DWG export problem with door & window lines

Anonymous
Not applicable
Dear Archicad lovers,
I am having an issue with my DWG export. The DOOR, WINDOW & Dimension lines are exported as segmented lines. see fig -2 That is too wired. I used the available saving option (for example: convert objects to block, convert complex elements to block, etc) See fig -1
When I open the exported file full drawing show as a block. Then I need to explode the block. after exploding all hatch remain as an individual block. that is goo. But the door, window, and dimensions are showing as exploded lines. I can't share this dwg file with other AutoCAD users. That would be very problematic for them.

Can you please share your experience 0r solution regarding this issue? Here is the link for my Archicad pln file and the exported dwg file.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing
Sincerely
Avishiplu
1 REPLY 1
Minh Nguyen
Graphisoft Alumni
Graphisoft Alumni
Dear Avi,

Thank you for the question and I am very sorry about the issue!

Unfortunately, I was unable to replicate this issue from scratch. Could you share the file in PLA format (the given link was corrupted), as well as the DWG translator you are using?

Thank you very much!

Best regards,
Minh

Minh Nguyen
Technical Support Engineer
GRAPHISOFT

Learn and get certified!